༊*·˚ Mafuyu x Ena- Mint tears ༊*·˚

I don't know how old Mafuyu is so I guessed
I hope you enjoy
This is a song fic so the text is based off the lyrics

I look up at the pale, sad moon

And let out a long, drawn-out sigh

You're staying silent and thinking of something

I want to approach you, but it looks too late for that now

The moon gleamed in the sky, a pearly shade of purest white. Ena clutched her chest, careful not to trip over Mizuki's frothing garden, strange colourful plants and creeping weeds seeping over every surface. She crept behind the moonlit figure, ghost-like, shimmering under the full moon, amethyst hair billowing slightly. Ena's heart burst with a surge of emotion, so powerful she almost began to sob. I wish I wasn't such a crybaby. Sometimes, I wish I was as emotionless as her.
Mafuyu turned slightly, Ena gulped with nerves- but the young girl was just staring at something glittering up high, a star submerged in the sky's inky waves. Her eyes were unreadable. Blank. Glistening.

Only dishonest feelings and actions happen now, why?

Only tears fall out now, why?

Only a little time left, I think I'm about to go mad

I sit and think, under the distant sky

Tears began to stream down Mafuyu's emotionless face. Ena shivered, staring at this doll, crying with wordless agony. Why is she crying? It's her birthday- and Mizuki's held a sleepover just for her. The whole of her school celebrated with her. Why can't she just be...?
"Mafuyu?"
Ena couldn't handle staring at that porcelain face any longer. She peeled herself out of the shadows like she was being reborn, and floated towards Mafuyu.

That look you have and those words you said, I pulled towards myself

It had the appearance of a round spider

Only my affection for you is left

Then, I start walking towards that person there

"Mafuyu, why are you crying?" Ena whispered. Mafuyu swirled around, a hand to her face- her mouth opened in a silent o as she realised it was soaked with silver and gold tears.
"So that's what I'm feeling... sadness?" She murmured, entranced by the liquid dazzling her fingertips. "It doesn't feel like sadness. Maybe because it's faded now. As soon as you appeared, Ena."
"Mafuyu..." Ena blushed, grateful for the shield of midnight. It was almost pitch black, only ribbons of starlight penetrating the encompassing darkness. "Are you... nostalgic, maybe? Sad because it's your birthday?"
"I though birthdays were supposed to be happy." Mafuyu muttered, betrayal playing over her features. "Especially 18th birthdays. They're supposed to be the best, aren't they?"
"Not really... some people feel depressed on their birthdays." Ena continued.
"Depressed?"
"They miss when they were younger. When they were happier, you know? I know I do..." Ena murmured, hands clasped.
Mafuyu was silent for a moment.
"I missed when I was happy." She exclaimed suddenly. "I missed that all-encompassing, delirious happiness from when I was younger. When you didn't have space to worry about anything. But, Ena- when I'm near you, I feel it again."
Ena's hands were suddenly alight, her cheeks flushed as Mafuyu took her hands.
"I hope you feel the same way."

You are very gentle.

It was natural.

So I have no affiance of your beings.

After you find you were.

It's growing of you

to say that you have faked for me.

My affection for you is getting deeper.

But you are not here anymore...

Without any thought, Ena leaned forwards and kissed Mafuyu. Their lips, frozen by midnight, sent shivers of warmth down each girl's body. Ena laid an arm around the taller girl's waist, and they kissed for what felt like hours, until neither of them could remember how it felt to not be in love.