🎃 ♫ Airi Momoi x reader- The costume party ♫

naeneko

Knock kno-As soon as I knock on the door, it swings open to reveal the frustrated face of my best friend, half of her candyfloss hair wrapped into a complicated up-do, the other half fanning around her face

Knock kno-
As soon as I knock on the door, it swings open to reveal the frustrated face of my best friend, half of her candyfloss hair wrapped into a complicated up-do, the other half fanning around her face.
"Come on, y/n! It's only an hour until the party!" Airi yells, pulling me inside. She's dressed up already: her hands are wrapped in long, elegant black gloves, wearing a midnight-black dress shimmering with pink and silver glitter. Two pairs of fake fangs are clutched in her other hand.
"You look great!" I smile, and Airi turns away quickly, blushing.
"Not yet! You need to help me with my hair!"
We reach her bedroom, and Airi slides into the seat in front of her dressing table, handing me a hairbrush.
I begin to brush through her thick, curly hair, as gently as possible. Luckily, I used to be passionate about hair when I was younger, so working with her wild hair isn't a problem.
I tug at a strand of hair, and Airi winces suddenly.
"Oh, sorry Airi." I apologise quickly, and she nods, hands shaking slightly.
"It's fine."
"Ok..." I carry on, reaching her scalp. The skin is raw red, and when my finger brushes it, she winces again.
"Airi, your scalp..."
"Don't look at it!" She hisses, tears forming at the corners of her eyes. "Wait... I'm sorry, y/n. It's just, when I was a performer, I had to put lots of product on my hair, and it gave me skin damage." She sighs, dragging her hand over her face. "Only Shizuku knows."
"Oh, Airi. It's ok." I whisper, stroking her hair gently. "If it hurts you, why don't you have it down?" I start to untie it gently, letting it flow about her shoulders.
"Ok..." she murmurs sceptically. "I swear, if this looks crap-"
"It'll look fine!" I reassure her with a gentle squeeze. After a few minutes, I style it into gentle waves, which flow around her shoulders.
"What would I do without you, y/n!" She exclaims, twisting round to beam at me. "You're a star!"
"Well..." I  try in vain to hide my blush.
"Come on, let's get your outfit on now!" She smiles, passing me some fabric. I unfold the clothes, realising it's a suit/dress exactly the same colour scheme as Airi's.
"Oh, it's perfect!" I exclaim, pulling it on excitedly. "Thank you!" I wrap her in a hug, fizzing with excitement. She pretend to bat me off, still grinning.
"Ok, let's go! We're going to be late!"

The costume party  is buzzing with excitement. We meet up with the rest of More More Jump- Minori and Haruka are both penguins, and Shizuku is a rabbit. She's apparently matching with her little sister, who quickly disappears from sight.
"Shi-chan, come back!"
"Shizuku, wait!"
"Minori, watch out!"
Suddenly, we're left alone. Airi glances at me, a small smile on her face.
"You forgot your fangs." She whispers, leaning up to place them in my mouth. Before she does, she quickly kisses me. It lasts for a perfect second, before she twirls away to chase Shizuku.
"Come on!" She laughs, and I follow her with a grin on my face.