🎃 ♡ Mafuyu x Emu- Trick or treat! ♡

mayassocoolhehe

This is who emu is dressed as btw

This is who emu is dressed as btw. She's a vocaloid called Rana.

Emu swung her hand back and forth, entwined with her girlfriend's, humming sweetly. The couple weaved between crowds of costumed children, disgruntled adults, exhausted parents, many people turning to stare at the two teens. It didn't help that they were some of the only teenagers there- one of them was also in full Rana cosplay.
"What are you supposed to be?" One green-slathered boy asked, bounding towards Emu.
"I'm Rana, a virtual singer here to cheer up your Halloween!!" Emu beamed, picking up the boy and swinging him around as he squealed with laughter. Mafuyu stood beside her, as she waved the boy away, making her way to another house.
"I always admire how good you are with children, Emu." Mafuyu murmured, and Emu blushed pink instantly.
They approached another house, and Emu rapped on the doorway, humming a Halloween song. An older man answered the door, slathered in grey paint and wearing some weird werewolf-vampire-businessman combination. He looked Emu up and down, and eventually snarled,
"Aren't you too old to be trick or treating? Shouldn't you be out smashing pumpkins or something?"
Mafuyu felt a flare of emotion as she watched her girlfriend's face crumple as she searched for a funny response but came up with nothing. Suddenly, she felt herself lurch forwards, and stare into the man's milky-blue eyes.
"She can do whatever she wants on Halloween. Just because some ancient creature like you disagrees, doesn't mean she isn't free to do whatever makes her happy." She snarled back, grabbing Emu's hand. But Emu was ahead, her hands full of-
Glitter exploded in a wild firework, covering the man's mortified face and porch in neon pink. Emu seized Mafuyu's hand, sprinting ahead, her wig almost flying off, laughing wildly.
"Emu!" Mafuyu yelled, rushing after her. "What- you can't-" A loud noise exploded out of her mouth. Half of her mind was commanding her, in her mother's grating voice, that this was vandalism, young lady!, while the other half was alight with laughter.
They had to stop for a moment, as Mafuyu tried to get her breath back after laughing so loudly. Emu joined her, and eventually they both had to slump down onto the concrete, a street light illuminating their faces.
"I don't think I've ever heard you laugh that hard!" Emu giggled, leaning her head on Mafuyu's shoulder.
"Really?" Mafuyu muttered. Searching back in her memories, she realised it was true- she hadn't laughed properly in years.
"Your laugh- it was adorable!" Emu squealed, kissing Mafuyu quickly on the cheek as the writer blushed scarlet. "Well, come on! We've got another street to visit!"