Chapter 3 🧡

Chapter Three
Anike’s POV

“No one.”

I stared blankly.

Well, I was not planning on carrying a microphone to announce that I am here on scholarship too so why does she have to make it sound like that.
She stared hard at me and I was forced to just nod.

“Jada!”

Jada jumped at the sound of her name, we followed the direction of the voice and my sight landed on a tall handsome guy. 

Not as handsome as Jayden but he is also very good looking.

He was wearing a black jean and a white shirt, he also looked so classic with the grey shorthand cardigan he wore on top. His afro was also freshly cut and he looked prim and rich.

Well, why are there so many good-looking people here?

I probably look like a potato in my baggy joggers and top. Thank God I decided to follow Jada to the hair stylist and we got matching hairstyles. 

The trending short braids decorated with beads. 

While she chose the pink bead, I decided to go with the green ones. It looks really good!

I finally came to my senses when he pulled Jada into a hug.

I stood awkwardly and tried to avoid eye contact with the both of them, looking around until my eyes landed on a painting of some students. They looked so happy and joy free.

“Who is your friend?”

“Oh, my manners. This is Anike.”

Oh, I should get back to my senses. I turned away from the picture and at them. The guy was now smiling at me and like earlier, I had no idea what to do.

I just smiled a little at him.

Where I came from, I already knew all my male classmates since they were in primary school and we just kind of grew together. But these people here look like models. Actual models.

“Anike this is Jeff. He is also in class two; in fact, he is the class captain.”

“Is she a new student?”

He asked Jada when he saw that I was not ready to say anything.

“Yeah, she is a little shy too.”

“Oh, Nice to meet you though, you do not have to be shy na?”

He said in such a friendly tone and even flashed such a cute smile.

I think I am dreaming right now,

How did I go from invisible to the girl that a hot guy is smiling to?

Well, his question just made me even more shy. 

And now, I cannot even stare. I looked at my Nike air.

“Where is Jayden?”

“I saw him at the car park with Sophia earlier. You should call him; he has not dropped his phone yet.”

“I have dropped mine.”

I zoned out from their conversation and waited till they were done, but anyone looking at me would think I was even hearing a word while all I was doing was just trying to save his fashion sense in my head. He looks really good and he knows it.

“Okay, tell him I will be back for my bags.”

“Sure, thing Jada. Uhm bye Anike.”

He said with that grin again but this time to the glory of God, my mouth opened.