Chapter Eleven 🧡

Chapter Eleven
Anike’s POV

“Anike are you alright?”
Mercy asked and this would make the ninety-ninth time I have heard that since yesterday.

“I am fine.”
To be honest I am not.

That jab was a huge blow to my already low self esteem and confidence. 

I already feel like a bag of potatoes everyday and hearing her say that just made me feel worse about myself.

Talking like that to Jayden too is another reason
I was angry.

Damn, I still am.

He should have let me walk away instead of hearing those unpleasant words. At least, he tried to apologise on her behalf and at that moment the apology did not matter.

The only matter now is how do I face him for the training today.

I hardly speak out.

However, it has become a habit of mine now to speak out when I am angry.

The thing is, I hardly get angry or hurt.

Sophia just managed to hit a vital point yesterday.

I remember getting here and just curling up in my bed yesterday. That was when the questions started and till now, they still have no answer.

We were wearing a brown and cream chequered gown as the house wear. It was a flare gown which was quite a contrast to the straight one that I imagined it would be. 

I subtly glanced at the other girls and how thin they looked in their gown. The tiny waist was so obvious. And they looked cute.

I checked myself out and yeah, my gown was the biggest and my legs were fatter, waist was obviously wider, and yeah, just that bad.
I rolled my eyes at myself and grabbed my little bag where I put my bible and jotter in.

“Anike, are we not going together?”
Jada asked, looking so worried.

I don’t even know where the church is and even though I would prefer my privacy right now it would be better if I walk with them.

“Yeah, we are.”
I replied back and sat in my bed.

I felt the bed dip as Jada sat beside me.

“Did Jayden do anything to you yesterday? You have been acting strange ever since you got back from training. You can tell us anything Anike.”
I nodded,

“I am totally fine.”

**************

“Good Morning everyone! For those who are just seeing me, my name is  Oluwafemi James. If you are happy to be here, rise on your feet and shout Hallelujah!"

The congregation stood up and shouted Hallelujah.

The way Mercy and Jada talked about how nice the sermon is here made me anticipate it. The excited look on the other students’ faces also supported their assertions.

The young man standing on the pulpit had a nice smile and I said a quick prayer to learn and assimilate what he had to say and more importantly, his words should be a comfort to the pain in my heart. 

“Thank you. I hope we are all doing great after coming from the holidays. I see you all are looking good.”

“You too!”
A student screamed from the back, making me smile.

“Thank you, you can have your seat. Before I start preaching, I want to talk about some things that came to my attention when I was reading an article last week.