Chapter 24 🧡

Hello guys!!!

I'm back with an update!

Cheers to @Oluwatosin320 for the encouragement and this chapter is dedicated to her!

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

MARIAM'S POV

Senioritis is a common illness in the Royal Academy.

It is quite evident as I walked through the SS3 floor. They were playing around, having fun, chatting on phones and playing loud songs; activities I had no idea were really possible at the Royals.

I walked as fast as I could to avoid being a victim of running errands or unnecessary talks and I could only sigh in relief when I got into my brother's class.

I scanned the room for him and found him talking to one of his girlfriends. He is such a player.

My brother and I are complete opposites; he is more carefree and extroverted than I am. The rebellious kid is the perfect description for him while I was the ideal good child.

"Muiz."

I called lightly as I walked to his desk.

I tried to ignore the stare of his best friend, Giwa, who was seating behind him.

"Mariam, what are you doing here?"

His girlfriend smiled at me. At least this one is even nice. I forced a smile back before signaling to Muiz that we need to talk.

"Babe, a second."

He said kissing her on the forehead before following me out.

This kid ehn.

I don't even know why the girls follow him around. But that is not even the issue at hand. The issue right now is bigger than some girls or whatever.

"What's wrong? This one that you are here. You hate coming here."

Muiz asked actually looking worried.

He placed his hands in his pocket and stared me in the eye waiting for a reply.

My dear brother.

My annoying, protective, brother.

Looking at him closely now, I could notice the changes in his features.

He has gotten a bit thinner, his lips a bit darker, his eyes a bit more red. I hope what mum said is not true. I hope it has not gotten to that extent.

"Muiz are you okay?"

"What type of JAMB question is that? How do I look? I have exams piling up abeg. I am not okay. Is this what you are here for, to ask if I am okay?"

"Yes..."

He cut me off before I could complete my sentence,

"Are you not here for Giwa? The both of you and your arguments. Abeg, don't bring me to the middle of your wahala..."

I rolled my eyes and tried to stop the smile forming on my face.

"Stop it Muiz. Look, mum called."

That got him to be serious. This got me to be serious.

"Why? What's wrong again?"

My mum is a single mother and most times while she appears to be strict, we both know that she is facing a lot to afford all these luxuries for us. Fact is we are not as rich as some people here but we are here because of her hard work. We love her. Muiz especially! So, why did he do that?