Chapter Five 🧡

This chapter is dedicated to Folapraize

Chapter Five

Anike’s POV

“Good morning Lord. Thank you for waking me up today. Please Lord let today be filled with your grace and happiness. Lead me to joy and let your favour be upon me. forgive me all my sins and thank you lord for your answered prayers. Amen.”
I stood up from my bed joining the other two girls in preparing for today.

School is officially starting today and let’s just say the weekend has been eventful. We just got more closer and petty fights between Mariam and Mercy made my day.

“Good morning.”
I muttered with a yawn. I rubbed my eyes and stretched.

“Good morning.”

The others replied and walked out of the room with their wrapped towel and little bag.

I looked up and found Mariam still sleeping heavily. She was almost snoring. So much for the sensitive person.

I chuckled as I climbed the little ladder and tapped her back,

“Mariam get up. you will be late.”
She shifted and even snuggled her pillow the more.

“Mariam!”
I called tinkling her this time.

She should even thank her God that I am trying to wake her up. The others were not even bothered. 

I can’t believe they just left her there like that but I understand. Mariam was the one making mouth the most. Saying she does not want noise and whatnot and after all the noise that has been made here this morning by Jada she is still sleeping.

She chuckled and held my hand.

“Stop it Anike. I am up.”

“better, because we will be late.”
She sat straight and looked round the room,

“Where are those two?”

“bathing.”

“what?”

I laughed out,

“better buy something for me during break.”
She jumped down from her bed after muttering a quick prayer. We picked up our towels together and walked out of the room.

She linked her hands with mine,
“I can see you are the only one that truly loves me in that room. thanks.”

I grinned,

“I thought you said you were sensitive.”
I teased.

I think because they are already rubbing on me, I find it easy to talk to them now. And now, I can even tease Mariam. That is something!

“Forget it. It was because I slept late. I was reading that novel I showed you.”

“oh.”

I nodded, remembering how grandma woke me up that morning too. Talking about grandma, I hope she is doing well.

“Please lend me when you are done.”

“Sure, but handle it with care.”

“thanks.”

“anything for my roomie.”

Eyy, why do I feel like I have suddenly become the best to her. 

I grinned as we stepped into the bathroom, we separated and tried to get any empty stall we could find.

*****************

“We have to rush!”
Mariam said.
Surprisingly, Mariam and I finished dressing up before Mercy and Jada even though they left us earlier.