Chapter 25 🧡

Hello everyone!!

I hope we are all doing great.

 I am sorry for the late updates; I have been busy with a lot of things. 

I will be doing a double update today to make up for it!

This chapter is dedicated to  onioflagos_1

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

ANIKE'S POV

Mariam has been acting strange ever since she got a call from her mum and had to leave the class. Mariam always has this stoic look on most of the time but she is still the best person I could approach, but this afternoon, something was just wrong.

I was about to call her when Kabiru, the class prank star and joker, jumped to the front of the class.

"What are you doing now?"

"Get out!"

Different words followed until he banged his hand hard on the podium.

"Guys! Guys! Calm down and listen to me."

They decided to give him a chance because the class got quiet. I glanced at Mariam, but her head was on the desk now. I slowly placed my hand on her back, patting it slowly. I hope this act comforts her a little.

"I would like to announce that I would be hosting a party during the midterm!!!!"

He screamed so loud that I wondered how that type of sound can come out of his body.

Nevertheless, the others did not see it like that as they started jubilating.

"His parties are the best! I have to give the respect to him."

Mercy said from behind me.

Party?

Party?

These guys hold party!

The only parties I go to are the ones my parents get invited too. Most times, I am just their handbag. But now, they hold parties here.

I have watched teen movies and novels to understand this kind of party.

I am not going.

No argument about that.

I was about to turn to Mariam when she stood up so abruptly with a deep frown.

"You guys are crazy!!! A party? A party? So, you can smoke and introduce new people to drugs, right? Rubbish!"

She walked out angrily after the outburst and I turned to Mercy to ask for any information on what was going on with Mariam but she looked just as confused as I was.

"Wetin we no go see for Royals. Why is she yarning rubbish? Anyways guys, it would be the best party as usual! Ticket, date and time would be communicated later on."

He finished up even though Mariam had just spoilt the mood.

I stood up after that and ran after Mariam.

Does she need time alone?

Should I leave her alone?

"Mariam!"

Thankfully, she stopped walking as she waited for me to catch up with her.

"Mariam, what's wrong?"

I asked once I got to her front. She was looking down, her glasses frame hiding her eyes. Her figure looked smaller and it felt like she just needed a hug and that was what I did. I pulled her into a tight hug patting her slowly on the back as she cried her eyes out.