Chapter 20 🧡🧡

Yes!!

It is a double update!! 💃🏾

CHAPTER TWENTY

JADA'S POV

"Wow, Jayden you have made me proud again my son."

Dad said hugging my brother with a smile. He hung Jayden's awards on the display wall which was getting almost filled up. He turned to me when he was finally done with his golden son and his smile turned to a frown.

I watched my father walk up to me and the sound of his palm coming in contact with my cheek came next. The hotness of the slap filled me up, chills ran down my spine, and tears welled up in my eyes as I realized what was next. Jayden rushed to my side, checking my cheeks with concern before standing in front of me, protecting me as usual. Dad opened his cupboard where he kept different tools and I clung onto Jayden for life as we both watched him search for the best one to use.

"Jada, come to the table. Jada!"

He screamed.

Before I could take a step, Jayden went to the table. Placing his hand on it and surrendering his back for the torture that was to come.

"Are you Jada?"

He asked incredulously.

"Beat me instead. Jada is not well."

Jayden said boldly and again I expected he will tell us to go but instead his belt landed on Jayden's back. I fell to the ground, covering my mouth and hiding my sobs but this continued until blood filled Jayden's back.

"If you come back home with a useless results Jada next session, you know what will happen. You told me you will even beat Jeff this session, so why are you here with the same 2 awards from last year? Do you know how much I spend on your tuition fees every year? It is a waste of money. You should be like your brother. Be the best and second best respectively not smiling with the losers. Come on, best in Biology and French? Rubbish! The both of you, get out of here! Fool."

"Tunji!"

Mum screamed forcing her way into the room.

"Why must you do this? Why are you torturing your own children? Jada is not even well must you do this?"

"I want her to be strong. To show the world that even with her ailment she can be the best. Look at me Jada, it does not matter how, I do not want this next year. The only person I can exempt you from beating is your brother. I would even be glad if you can beat him too. Do not be a weak person. If I don't see changes, this would happen again. Do you understand?"

"Yes sir."

I croaked out as I watched Jayden's bloodstained back. This happened the next year, and the next and the next and now, I have this year to make things right.

I will be the best no matter what.

I will beat everyone even if I have to do it the wrong way.

******************

I won't be a weak person.

I will win no matter what.

"What are you doing?"

Jayden asked seating beside me and stretching his neck to check out my book. I rolled my eyes and packed my jotter into my bag.