Chapter 23 🧡

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

JAYDEN'S POV

"Let's talk!"

I said to Jada as I walked into our hideout.

She was seated by her desk and immediately she heard my voice she closed one of her journals. The contents of those books are known to her alone and she does a good job hiding them.

"Have you arrived at a conclusion dear brother?"

She asked as she stood up from her seat.

She rested on the table, folded her hands, and watched me intently as she waited for a response.

"Jada think about this. I don't want to do this."

"It worked the last time Jayden. If we are not careful, she will beat you too and what will dad say? Ehn? What will he say? I am not ready to face that emotional trauma again. She has her life fucking easy. Her parents don't care so why do you feel so guilty about this? It is survival of the fittest at the Royals. The strongest and wisest wins. I have also thought hard and long, if you don't want to do this, I have no choice than to announce she is a scholarship student and she will be gone in days."

I watched my sister and that calm, pure soul was almost gone.

I pulled my hair tight but I could not feel the pain.

I don't want to hurt Anike but I don't want to lose my sister more.

Anike has also agreed to it. She told me to save Jada and that is what I would do.

Except I felt so much pain at the thought of Anike finding out I played her. We do the breakup in the harshest way possible days to the exam to make the girl more disorganized and I can't imagine it.

"I will do it so calm down. I will do it. I will date her."

Jada smiled the brightest I have seen in days and she pulled me into a tight hug.

"Thank you, Jay."

"I will handle the breakup myself."

I said almost as a request.

I can explain to Anike.

"Whatever you want. You don't like her, do you? She is not your type, right? She is fat."

I shifted back from the hug, placing my hands in my pocket.

I can't admit to Jada that I might actually like her.

That she makes me smile so easily.

That she makes everything seem better than it is.

She calms me and I like her. More than a friend. Definitely more than a friend.

If she knows all these, she would plan to hurt Anike more.

She won't trust me with the breakup either.

I have to make this lie believable.

"Her? I don't like her. I can't even stand her. Never. She is too fat for my liking and also too slow. These next few weeks would be torture for me because I can't bear her but it is what it is. I have to do it even if it would be a total waste of time."

I said sounding as disgusted as possible to make her believe and she did.

The smile on her face proved that.

"Thank you, Jay. I have to meet Jeff now. See you later."

"Yeah, later."

I watched her pack her stuffs into her bag and walk out before placing my head in my hands.