Chapter Seven 🧡

Chapter Seven
Jayden’s POV

“You are the real deal Anike!”

“Oh, come on, that reply was too good.”

The table was filled with praises for Anike while she just smiled shyly. Jada grinned at her but it looked like she was hating the attention.

I glanced at Jeff and he was smiling at Anike too.

A smirk covered my face,
I was right.

Jeff finally likes someone.

“Babe.”
Sophia called and I turned to her, she leaned closer to me and whispered,

“I don’t know why we have to sit here.”
I raised an eyebrow,

“What do you mean?”
I whispered back,

“I can’t relate with them. Period. Let us sit alone or with my friends. you guys meet in class too, so what about you do that for me, huh?”

She held my hand and gave me that cute puppy face that always won me over. I almost agreed to it until I remembered I spent the whole of last term sitting with her and friends. She can make that little sacrifice this term too.

“I did that last term. Why don’t you do this for me too?”
She rolled her eyes and pulled her hand from mine.

“Fine.”
She muttered and went back to her food.

I watched as she ate slowly like she was being forced.

She is angry again, isn’t she?

I can’t leave Jada alone.

She is just getting better and I won’t and can’t let anyone get to her again.

Why can’t she understand that?

I find it hard to admit but Sophia has changed toward Jada ever since the revelation. They were quite close before but after she heard, she started ignoring my sister.

I like Sophia, I really do like her.

Her bubbly and loving personality always made me feel better about my life. She always finds a way to make me happy and she is just so cute and nice.
But I also can’t stand the way she subtly hates Jada.

I looked away from her with a sigh and the first person I made eye contact with was Anike. It was like she has been staring for a long time and just got caught.

 She kept on staring though, her stare shifting between Sophia and I. When I raised an eyebrow, she immediately looked away, turning to Mariam who was arguing with Tobi about a game or something like that.

Why was she staring at us?

That was the same way she stared the first time we met.

I don’t know why but I do not like the way she stares.

“Why are you staring at the new girl like that?”

Problem no dey finish.

I sighed and turned back to Sophia who was now glaring.

“What?”

“You heard me Jayden, why were you staring at her like that?”

This time she was not whispering and so we managed to gather a few attentions.

“I don’t understand you Sophia. Can’t I just… you know what? Let us talk outside.”
I stood up and waited for her to do the same but she didn’t.

Instead, she was glaring at the poor girl.

Sophia is cute but you do not want her to glare at you.

Anike looked so confused but did not say anything.