Chapter 14: Bomb

TW: Gore + Cursing
SW: Love for the Disease Called Ideals (Osamu Dazai's Entrance Exam)
RI: Atsushi Nakajima, Doppo Kunikida, Osamu Dazai

Once the car reached the former defense facility, Kunikida immediately started swerving the car in tons of different directions as Dazai shouted, "we've got company!"

You were confused for a second until you felt explosions rock the car next to you. Before you had time to think about it, you were hugging Atsushi for support so that you both didn't go flying to each side of the car as it rocked back and forth. While you were busy hoping not to get thrown towards one end of the car, Atsushi was busy thinking about the proximity between you two, blushing madly.

Once the car came to a stop, you felt the car get pelted by bullets. Kunikida opened the car door and leaped out on the other side of the car that was safe. He yelled, "Ability: Doppo Poet: Flash Bang!" You saw the small object fly through the air and land in the ground right in front of the shooters, blinding them and forcing them to stop shooting and get knocked out.

"At least we know we're in the right place," Kunikida muttered as Dazai, Atsushi, and you got out of the car. "You two head upstairs," he turned to Atsushi and Dazai and ordered, "find the transmitter and stop the signal to the car bomb. (Y/N) and I will guard down here." In all honesty, he just wanted you to be in a safer position and stay out of trouble.

Dazai nodded and started running upstairs, believing in his partner to protect you. Atsushi on the other hand was hesitant and stayed back. "Atsushi," Dazai called out, "let's get going."

"But," Atsushi mumbled, "just... (Y/N)..."

"I can handle myself, Atsushi," you responded, "plus if anything goes wrong, I've got Kunikida here to protect me."

"Go follow Dazai," Kunikida demanded, "I understand your good intentions, but we've got a bomb to disable. We'll be fine down here."

"...Just... be careful with your injuries, okay? I know I might not say this too often, but I worry about you. Let's make it out of this mess, together," Atsushi stated before turning around to head off upstairs. In response, all you did was offer him a nod and a quick reassuring smile as he ran off.

With that, Kunikida and you started rushing off to make sure the knocked out people didn't have any back-up. He looked at you every once and a while though, worried about your well-being.

Suddenly, you felt a strange sensation overcome you, and you realized Kunikida felt it as well as he muttered, "what the..." and stopped.

Chills raced through your body, and you felt cold and numb for a second until you felt a small tingling sensation on your hand. You were about to look at it until you heard laughing in the distance, "how are you both feeling? Both of you are looking good... for now..." You then looked up and saw the person speaking to you. He turned his gaze onto Kunikida and exclaimed, "ah, something tells me you have a good number! Your partner on the other hand though..." He clicked his tongue in disappointment.