Chapter 6: Murder

TW: Suicide (Dazai), Cursing, Gore, Death
SW: Murder on D Street (Murder on D Street)
RI: Ranpo Edogawa, Atsushi Nakajima (kinda), Osamu Dazai

TW: Suicide (Dazai), Cursing, Gore, DeathSW: Murder on D Street (Murder on D Street)RI: Ranpo Edogawa, Atsushi Nakajima (kinda), Osamu Dazai

Two detectives now stood in front of Atsushi, Ranpo, and you. One wore a classic police uniform whilst the other wore a white shirt with a tie. A green overcoat hung loosely over his shoulders and he wore an angry expression. You were standing on some beach off the side of the road in the city. Off in the distance, a crane moved up and down, dragging a net through the river in search of evidence. As the policeman in the background saluted you and the other two, the angry detective snarled, "you know you're late, agents."

"Now hold on," Ranpo whined as Atsushi slowly started to hide behind him, "who are you? Where's Yasui?"

"I'm Minoura," the angry detective explained, taking out his badge. "I took over from Yasui. This case has been reassigned to our division so we no longer need you or your agency."

Ranpo burst out laughing, "that's ridiculous! Every case should be overseen by a master detective like me!"

"We won't need Private Investigators on this," Minoura reasoned, "because the victim worked for me."

You leaned forward and asked, "may we see the body anyways, detective?"

"Follow me," Minoura answered, waving you over to a figure covered by a blue tarp-like thing on the beach. When you got to the body, you crouched down next to it before Minoura revealed it.

As the body of a lady with three bullet holes in her stomach was revealed, Ranpo took off his hat and muttered, "the victim's a lady..."

"Yes, sir," the policeman murmured, seemingly sick to his stomach. "Her body was found floating in the river this morning."

"She was shot three times in the chest," Minoura informed, "we don't know where or when she was killed. We haven't found the bullets either."

Ranpo questioned, "any suspects?"

"Not yet," the detective answered, "as far as everyone in the office knew she wasn't in a relationship so we doubt it was a jealous lover."

"Very interesting." Ranpo sounded more amused as he stated, "so that means you don't have any leads." He then continued to place his hat back on his head, slightly grinning at his discovery.

"That's all the more reason why we can't let some ametuer Private Eyes handle this."

"Hey," you scowled and stood up. "We aren't any amateurs. Ranpo here is a master detective, this world's best if I don't say so myself. You underestimate our capabilities, especially his. Without him, this case could become a wild goose chase for you all."

"Hey!" A voice suddenly shouted from over by the crane (which was now rapidly receding to lift up the net). "Looks like the net's caught something!"

Atsushi asked, "they put out nets?"