Chapter 3: Occupations

TW: Suicide (Dazai), Sexual Situations (Naomi), Suggestive Dialogue
SW: A Certain Bomb + Yokohama Gangster Paradise (A Certain Explosive + Yokohama Gangster Paradise pt. 1)
RI: Atsushi Nakajima, Osamu Dazai, Doppo Kunikida, Chuuya Nakahara (anonymously mentioned)

 1)RI: Atsushi Nakajima, Osamu Dazai, Doppo Kunikida, Chuuya Nakahara (anonymously mentioned)

Atsushi closed his eyes, preparing for the pain of being blown up, but it never came. For once, silence was loud – too loud for him to bear. He was scared and shocked beyond belief. What happened? Where's the explosion? Why don't I feel anything? Am I dead? Slowly, he reopened his eyes, taking in his only barely changed surroundings.

"Jeez," Kunikida sighed, "y'know I figured the kid was stupid, just not that stupid."

"He even has the talent to become a suicidal maniac," Dazai exclaimed enthusiastically, "wouldn't you agree with me, Tanizaki?"

"Sorry," Juichiro apologized, hiding behind Kunikida. "Are you okay?"

"Are you okay, Atsushi?" You walked over to him and bent down. Your gag was now taken off thanks to the help of Dazai. "Sorry if we scared you there. You looked pretty cute all flustered and anxious like that though."

Atsushi blinked once. Then twice. Then he blushed and mumbled in the midst of his confusion, "huh?"

Out of nowhere, a black-haired girl wearing a school uniform leaped onto Junichiro as she screamed, "oh my sweet big brother~!" Junichiro fell over onto the desk as she practically strangled him. "Please tell me you're alright!"

Atsushi glanced at them, mumbling, "wha-"

You muttered, "don't question anything they do. That's guideline number one to help you be a good agency member."

The girl, Naomi, started poking and prodding Junichiro's left nipple, causing the ginger to moan as she exclaimed, "you were so wonderful as the villain, I believed every second of it! Please, promise me you can tie me up too when we get home! We can reenact what just happened!" She slowly moved her hand up to Junichiro's neck. "Except now you'll have me as the hostage."

Atsushi, trying to hide his blush, questioned, "so (Y/N) was in on the entire thing too?"

"You mad?" Kunikida asked back. "If you're upset you should blame Dazai or yourself. After all, you chose an idiot like him to help you find work."

"Wait," Atsushi said, voice portraying his exhaustion already with the agency members. "So does that mean this was the job?"

"It sure is!" Dazai exclaimed happily, "I told you there was a test involved."

"As in... an entrance exam?" Atsushi asked, trying to piece everything together.

"Exactly right," an older voice spoke up.

You happily shouted, "ah, there you are, president!!"

Haruno and Fukuzawa ignored you as she explained, "the exam has been complicated without any complications, president."