Chapter 25: Haunted

SW: (N/A)
RI: Atsushi Nakajima, Chuuya Nakahara, Ryunosuke Akutagawa, Michizo Tachihara, Akiko Yosano, Ranpo Edogawa

SW: (N/A)RI: Atsushi Nakajima, Chuuya Nakahara, Ryunosuke Akutagawa, Michizo Tachihara, Akiko Yosano, Ranpo Edogawa

"It's... adorable..." Kyouka had trouble finding the right words to describe things, but after a while, she found no difficulty describing the fluffiness and cuteness of the cats at the cafe. Fukuzawa had only smiled at this, glad that his new employee was feeling at home already.

Holding true to his promise, he had brought Kyouka out to a nearby cat cafe he knew. Now, she sat down on the red velvet couches, holding a grey kitty up to her face and staring at it with admiration.

"Have you ever wanted to be a cat?" Kyouka suddenly questioned Fukuzawa. She didn't even look at him as she continued inspecting the cat in her hands.

Although Fukuzawa was confused, he answered, "I mean... sure... Why do you ask, Kyouka?"

She then turned to him and explained herself. "I've always wished I was a cat too. Maybe then I could've escaped from Akutagawa... I could see anything going on outside and watch everything from a distance. I could help people and they'd never know it was me who helped them."

Fukuzawa's eyebrows raised as he continued eating the fried tofu in a bowl. "Oh," Fukuzawa replied stoically as Kyouka set the cat down in her lap and continued petting it with one hand while she ate her own bowl of fried tofu with the other.

After a second of silence, she asked, "how is Atsushi during all of this? Wasn't he close to (Y/N)?"

"He... he was," Fukuzawa responded, shocked about how much she knew. Why do children seem to know everything... "He's getting better with all of it. He'll eventually come to accept it all, we all just need some time."

"Alright," Kyouka sighed, taking a large bite of her tofu. "He's another reason why I wish I was a cat. Just like how he protected me that day on the train, I could've protected his happiness. I've heard him talk about them before. He cares about them, that's for certain. There's no way he's been feeling alright lately." She looked down at the cat once more, watching her hand slowly let the animal on her lap. It purred and curled tighter into itself. "I wish I could've protected (Y/N), then in some way I could repay him for the kindness he's shown me."

After these words, Fukuzawa's shock slowly dissipated. "You don't owe anyone anything, Kyouka. I'm glad you appreciate my employees so much though. Welcome to the agency."

~-•-~

Ryunosuke Akutagawa's Daily Report:

Today would've been an uneventful day if it wasn't for one of our "strongest" executives losing their mind. Someone really needs to knock him in the head with a bat.

I believe he isn't as strong as people take him for. With the recent disappearance of a certain agency member, he's been growing more and more weak.