Chapter 26: Search

SW: (N/A)
RI: Ranpo Edogawa, Chuuya Nakahara, Osamu Dazai, Atsushi Nakajima, Doppo Kunikida

SW: (N/A)RI: Ranpo Edogawa, Chuuya Nakahara, Osamu Dazai, Atsushi Nakajima, Doppo Kunikida

Ranpo's Case Files:

Usually, I find no need to write my own thoughts down on paper. But with this specific "Spectre" Case I find myself writing down here anyways.

My name is Ranpo Edogawa, the greatest detective in the world. But that doesn't mean that I can solve every case immediately. Sometimes, I need a few more hints to reach my conclusion.

I mean to say this now as a reminder for my future self, since as far as I know the president hardly goes through case files. But I just wanted to mention how today the only reason why I could solve the current case that was stumping me and stopping me from saving the current person with whom I am admittedly in love with was due to the speech of a grieving man who was perceived as insane.

He was a Port Mafia executive, and was a close friend (although he quite obviously desired more) to (Y/N) (L/N). This man's name was Chuuya Nakahara.

~-•-~

"(Y/N) isn't dead," Chuuya began, staring into Dazai's eyes, hoping his emotions could convey his honesty. "I'm telling you the truth here."

"I'm sure we'd all love to believe that!" Dazai replied, "but I want to ask you what you think actually happened to them. No one here so far has been able to figure it out, so how come you, a mafioso, figured out the case before us, a group of skilled detectives?"

Chuuya took a deep breath in and out to ready himself for what he was about to say. You quickly placed a hand on his shoulder, knowing  that although he couldn't feel your hand, he could still feel the chill that came from your little attempt to comfort him. "You've got this, Chuuya," you reassured him, "just tell them the truth. Atsushi and Kunikida might not believe you. But I know Ranpo and Dazai will. Dazai trusts you and Ranpo is good at reading people. Trust me when I say they'll believe you."

"Thanks," Chuuya muttered quietly under his breath to you so that no one could hear it before continuing his speech. "Ever since yesterday, I noticed I was not alone in my household. There was someone with me. It seems the effects of the ability made them an apparition of some sorts."

Kunikida couldn't help it. He immediately let out a shriek and jumped out of his chair. "Ghost!? Don't try to needlessly scare us!"

Dazai looked down on his partner and sighed, "you are the only one who is scared, Kunikida. By the way, Chuuya," he added, turning to the man who had just walked in. "You need to stop being delusional."

"Delusional!?"

Atsushi sighed, "Dazai's right..." Before he could continue, he realized he had no idea what to call the mafioso. "Chuuya... er... executive... sir? Uh... anyways... it's just a part of the grieving process we're all going through. We're all trying to find out a way how they could still be alive, but we have to face the facts."