Chapter 15: Betrayal

TW: Mention of Suicidal Thoughts, Cursing, Death
SW: Love for the Disease Called Ideals (Osamu Dazai's Entrance Exam)
RI: Ranpo Edogawa, Akiko Yosano, Doppo Kunikida, Osamu Dazai, Chuuya Nakahara

TW: Mention of Suicidal Thoughts, Cursing, DeathSW: Love for the Disease Called Ideals (Osamu Dazai's Entrance Exam)RI: Ranpo Edogawa, Akiko Yosano, Doppo Kunikida, Osamu Dazai, Chuuya Nakahara

When you regained consciousness, your head stung and you felt incredibly exhausted. Despite this, all your wounds had disappeared. Your battle-worn clothes were the only evidence that deactivating the bomb wasn't just a dream.

After a second of looking around the room to realize no one was there, you let your emotions reveal themselves for a second. You sat up in the hospital bed and hugged your legs to your chest.

You were the strongest member of the agency, and yet you always got yourself into so much trouble. Were you dragging the whole agency down? At this point, you felt like you had almost as any near-death experiences as Dazai, and that was saying something.

Suddenly, the ringing of your cell phone next to your bed on the table forced you out of your thoughts. When you picked it up, you saw the contact for the agency's teenage informant.

"Rokuzo," you sighed, rubbing your temples, "what happened? Why are you calling me?"

"(Y/N), I thought I'd tell you that Dazai found out who is behind the bomb threat. I know you're wounded, but I also know you don't want to miss this," Rokuzo explained as a faint squeaking sound appeared in the background, causing you to realize he must still be at his base. "I sent you where they are over text a second or two ago. Just don't get wounded and require immediate medical attention for the hundredth time, okay?" He chuckled, causing you to slightly wince. "Kunikida has been talking to me about the case so far. I must admit enemies seem to just love targeting you."

"I know," you muttered, looking down slightly in shame although no one was around you to see. "But I promise I won't bring the agency down again. I'll be there in a second." You started getting out of the infirmary bed, completely disregarding your current appearance.

"Alright," Rokozu laughed, "see ya there then!"

"See you," you replied, ending the conversation. After you hung up, you checked your recent texts, finding that he did indeed send the location to you.

With all that figured out, you now started trying to sneak out of the agency. The one person who would probably easily let you get away from the infirmary (especially if it was to go commit double suicide with him) was currently solving the case you, Kunikida, and Atsushi had been working on recently.

You had successfully gotten out of the office and started grinning to yourself. You ran over to the elevator to get to the bottom floor, but when it opened up your smile immediately fell.

"Hey there, Mochi." Ranpo had the largest smirk on his face, leaning back on the center of the walls of the elevator. "What brings you here? Aren't you supposed to be in the infirmary?"