Chapter 37: Demons

SW: Three Companies Conflict (The First Job + Flowers and Autumn Leaves, Snow and Gold)
RI: Chuuya Nakahara, Atsushi Nakajima, Ozaki Kouyou (kinda), Doppo Kunikida, Mark Twain (only temporarily here because he's a flirt and there's one thing he says and does to you that could definitely be seen as romantic, if you want him to become an actual love interest please tell me and I'll see what I can do to add him!)

SW: Three Companies Conflict (The First Job + Flowers and Autumn Leaves, Snow and Gold)RI: Chuuya Nakahara, Atsushi Nakajima, Ozaki Kouyou (kinda), Doppo Kunikida, Mark Twain (only temporarily here because he's a flirt and there's one thing he say...

One day prior to Kyouka's first job...

"What?" Chuuya tried to keep calm, especially since he was around the boss. But he just couldn't help but let his anger fester and grow as Mori ordered that all agency members be killed. "Can't we make certain exceptions?"

"Growing soft for the enemy, are we now, Chuuya?" Another executive with silver hair and an elaborate suit teased him. His name was Ace, and honestly he was hated by almost the entirety of the Port Mafia.

"I also would like to request protection for one current agency member," one woman argued.

Mori sighed, "who are these two people you'd like me to protect. Chuuya can speak first, and then Kouyou."

"Thank you, sir," Chuuya muttered, "I want to request that you leave (Y/N) (L/N) out of all of this."

"Why should I?" Mori pouted.

"He's fraternizing with the enemy, perhaps he's even in it for something more," Ace argued, "he's trying to save them because he loves the-."

"That's quite enough, Ace," Mori shut him up, raising up a hand to make his order even clearer. He then turned back to Chuuya and asked, "so, what is the real reason?"

Chuuya's lips formed a tight line as he thought about the next words he could use to convince Mori to prevent some mafioso from killing you. He really had to stop acting before he could think. In the end, his only real reason was because he loved and cared about you.

"I figured Ace was right, but don't worry too much about it Chuuya," Mori stated, "honestly, I'll let everyone decide if they want to kill them or not. You can't throw a fit if anyone does go through with my commands though."

"Well I'm not complaining about Dazai getting killed," Chuuya pointed out. "But I can't promise that I'll stay still if someone were to kill (Y/N)."

"Don't fall in love with the false promises of love and light, Chuuya. Love always ends in nothing more than lies and regrets, no matter platonic or romantic," Kouyou advised him.

"And how about you, Kouyou?" Mori asked, "who is it that you want to protect? This is a rather unexpected statement from someone like you."

A small smile came across the woman's lips. "I'd like to request the safety of..."

Back to current events...

The woman's shoes were loud as she stepped towards you. Her voice was laced with care and concern for Kyouka as she spoke, "do you have any idea how sick with worry I was when I found out you were gone?"