5 | BEEN THROUGH WORSE |

Outer Banks, HMSJuly 4th, 202011:37 am

Outer Banks, HMS
July 4th, 2020
11:37 am

(trigger warning: gun use, blood)

"Ahoy there," JJ called out, berthing the hms to the dock just like a pirate would.

I had waited a few minutes for him to pick me up, and I rolled eyes as he appeared, the first thing I noticed being a green can in his hand.

"Already drinking beers?" I asked.

I held out my hand and he grabbed it, helping me making my way on the small boat. As I jumped in it, he took back his position behind the steering wheel and started the engine.

"Never too early for beers," he laughed, eying me as I sat close to him, on the edge of the stern. "I saved you one"

I rolled eyes while wind blew in my blonde hair, reviving my skin from the burning sun rays. "Where are the others?" I asked.

"Can't you just appreciate my company? is this too much to ask?" he replied, pretending his was hurt. "They had a few things to do so I picked you up first"

"Oh, okay," I voiced.

We both stayed quiet and all the memories from the Kegger came back. I closed my eyes and tried so hard to chase them away, but his voice took me out of my thoughts.

"I haven't seen you in a while," he spoke which was true. "John B told me you surfed with him yesterday"

I just nodded, and he sighed, not sure why though. His finger pressed on the automatic pilot button and he made his way closer to me, slowly. "Are you mad at me or something?" he asked.

He cornered me with his arms on both side of my body and his face only a few inches away from mine. It made me laugh inside how he never gave up when he thought something was up. "No, I'm not," I half-lied.

"Oh, okay, I thought you were still into that gun thing," he said, kissing my cheek softly, several times. "Cause it feels like you've been ignoring me lately"

His lips trailed down my jaw to my neck, causing goosebumps to emerge on my skin. He smirked since he felt how my body reacted to his familiar touch and I pushed him away. Not that I didn't like the feeling, but it wasn't fair.

"JJ, JJ stop," I laughed.

"Oh, come on Thornton," he said smiling wildly and it broke my heart.

I got up and wrapped my arms around his neck. "First of all, yes, I'm still into that gun thing but please let's ignore it, because I don't want another argument, and second of all, we had agreed on-"

"-staying friends and doing friend things only, yeah right," he repeated, taking slowly my arms off him and making his way back to his piloting spot.

After what had happened between us on the previous summer, we had agreed on staying friends. We had shared moments of deep intimacy and had shown each other how we cared about each other, but it wasn't love.