33 | HOME LATE |

Outer Banks, Rafe's carJuly 19th, 202012:45pm

July 19th, 2020
12:45pm

After spending one more day at the hospital just in case I relapsed, Rafe took me home. He had stayed with me almost the whole time, even though it annoyed a little bit the nurses who kept telling him only family was supposed to stay over for so long, to what he responded he was family. I had to come up with lies, when the Pogues had told me they had a surprise and wanted me to come over, pretending Rafe and I had to deal with a few stuffs.

"I'll just wait for you in the car," Rafe told me, which led me to frown slightly.

"I know I said I wouldn't be long but I still might spend a few hours with them. Go home, have some rest," I said unbuckling my seatbelt and going over to peck his lips but he dodged it. "Wh-What's wrong?" I asked, then.

"No don't do that to me," he whined.

I rolled eyes and wrapped my arms around his neck, looking at him closely. "Do what?" I inquired.

"Push me away from you when I'm just trying to keep you safe. My love, after what happened you're not staying alone," he responded, a strict tone dripping off his voice.

I smiled, pressed a kiss on his shaved cheek since I knew he would dodge any attempt of kissing his lips and I wanted to annoy him. The man looked at me, a condescending attitude and smirk on his face which I hated, as I opened the door and placed one foot on the ground. I wasn't going to just ignore my friends or spend only a few minutes with them because Rafe was overreacting. I knew it could be traumatising for him and it had also been for me but moping around wasn't the solution.

"Fine, then come with me," I stated, shrugging softly. "You'll protect me, come on, come with me"

I laughed as I spoke because it was ridiculous and I never needed protection so especially not when I was with my friends, but it didn't make him laugh. He unbuckled his belt and reached out for me, as if he wanted to put me back on my seat but I sent him a flying kiss and got out of the vehicle. "Come on Mr Cameron, I'll make it up to you I promise!" I said, waving as he groaned in his Jeep, watching me leave.

I didn't hear the Jeep leaving so I assumed he was just staring at me as I walked to the Chateau's terrace, where all my friends were gathered. I threw a rapid glance behind me but Rafe's car was out of sigh so even if he decided to stay he wouldn't have a glimpse on us and it was such a great thing, because even though he didn't know privacy, we needed it. My friends faces lit up with smiles and I raised my arms up in the air, smiling more.

"Did you miss me?" I asked.

JJ got up and opened his arms for me, not saying a word, and I crashed against his torso in a kind of hug. I had no idea why he felt like holding me since he didn't know anything about my awful past few days but I embraced it and hugged him close. He made me feel loved and safe and something about him was reassuring, because even though he played the dumb and reckless one, he was the one we could count on. Always. So as his hands travelled up and down my back, I caught myself smiling more and more.