21 | IGNORING HIM |

Outer Banks, Thornton's houseJuly 14th, 20209:21 am

July 14th, 2020
9:21 am

Waking up was hard, because the first thing that hit me was how much I needed those drugs, but I had used them all through the night and didn't have any left. I wanted to make myself a line and snort it, it had became a need, but I couldn't tell anyone about it. I groaned in annoyance and clenched my fist, since I was not able to please my needs, and the man who could please them was who I hated most in this exact moment, exactly for those reasons.

I made my way downstairs and I sighed when I heard a voice I would gladly have avoided. I had barely slept through the night, overthinking about Rafe and I's relationship and future, so as I heard his voice, I was tempted to go back upstairs and hide under my covers. But I was stronger than that, and as I stepped in the huge living-room my brother and Topper were in, I looked away.

"-she was not so bad for a, what do they call them? Touron?" Rafe laughed as Topper sat next to him not saying anything. "She was sober, I didn't even have to make her drink"

I gasped at his words, disgusted, and I sat on the couch, ignoring him. If one of us had to leave, it wasn't me, since he wasn't welcome here anymore and my brother seemed to agree with me, I saw it by how distant he was. I turned on the TV and searched for anything that could get my mind off the fact Rafe was talking about how he fucked a Touron right after we had argued when we did not even make obvious we were broken up, but nothing managed to catch my attention.

Gaby jumped on my legs and I smiled wildly as I hugged him close and he relaxed in my arms. I pressed kisses on his head and in this exact moment he was all I needed. "Hi baby," I whispered, kissing his head as he showed me his glee by licking my face, which I found a bit disgusting so I wiped it off. "You're my favorite dog in the whole world"

I felt Rafe's gaze on me and ignored it, laying all my attention on Gaby. My boy laid on my legs and started falling asleep, which eased my heart. I loved how calm he was and how he always felt safe enough to fall asleep with me. I got scared the sound of tv would wake him up, so I lowered the volume and ended up turning it off. Topper and Rafe, who were still sitting on the other side of the huge sofa stopped talking to look at me, and the silence made it hard for me to pretend I didn't notice. "Where are mom and dad?" I asked Topper, laying my eyes on him and only him.

"I don't know, they're probably at the Cameron's," he responded looking at Rafe for his agreement or disagreement.

"How am I supposed to know?" Rafe asked, and I pretended he didn't exist. "I got kicked out"

I got up slowly and carefully, placing Gaby on the sofa and hoping he wouldn't wake up. Once my puppy was comfortably laid on the couch I walked to the stairs, rolling eyes. Rafe got up and went closer but since I had chosen to ignore him I decided not to pay attention to our sudden  proximity.