31 | HOSPITAL |

END OF TESSA'S POINT OF VIEW

Outer Banks, the hospital
July 17th, 2020
7:01pm

"What happened to her?" A doctor asked calmly as he rushed over to the stretcher Tessa was laying on.

"Highest-level overdose, blood pressure too low, high temperature and irregular heartbeat, we need naloxone injections before starting the CPR protocol," Doctor Clingan spoke up, plugging the girl as the stretcher was taken to a white and cold hospital room.

"Daisy do we have time for naloxone?" the greyed-hair doctor asked his assistant who checked the screen as the other doctors laid the girl on the bed.

"Her blood pressure keeps getting lower, naloxone won't save her," she claimed. "She's not breathing, keep her plugged, she needs oxygenation"

All the doctors hurried around her and they placed an oxygen mask on her mouth and nose as the electrocardiography Daisy was staring at on a screen began to show less and less curves and the beeping sound lowered, creating more panic in the room. They realised they had no time, as the blonde girl's body began to show no sign of life. The eldest doctor placed his hands on her chest and began to compress it, before delivering her rescue breaths, over and over, even though it looked useless since the girl's state didn't seem to get any better. "Daisy replace me," Dr Clingan ordered.

The lady replaced him and kept trying to bring the hurt girl back to life, as the man modified the amount of oxygen in her mask, which widened everyone's eyes, unsure what he had just done was the right thing to do. "Give me the Naloxone injections," he ordered and one of the caregivers handed them to him.

"What are you doing?" Daisy asked him, worried as she kept compressing her chest at fast pace. "You know naloxone can't delay CPR right? We're going to loose her"

"It can't delay it, but we can try both at the same time," the old doctor said as he injected the doses of Naloxone in her body and hoped it would function.

Tessa's face was getting more and more pale each second they looked at her, which was scary, because naloxone should have had an impact on her. At this point they didn't care in which state she would wake up, they just wished she did, and since she didn't, it began to worry them more. After fighting for countless minutes, Daisy looked at Doctor Clingan who was out of breath and took her hands off Tessa's chest. "Who's telling the kid?" she asked, her voice trembling.

"I'm on it," he said, taking his gloves off and leaving the room, sighing.

(...)

Outer Banks, The hospital
July 17th, 2020
7:34pm

"Doc, is she awake?" Rafe immediately asked, getting up from the chair he was installed on as he caught sight of who had been taking care of his girlfriend for too long. "Please tell me she is"