28 | THE AIRPORT |

Outer Banks, Thornton's house July 16th, 20209:34 am

July 16th, 2020
9:34 am

I opened my eyes to the feeling of the bright sun rays hitting on my closed eyes. I looked next to me and disappointment filled my heart when I saw that my boyfriend was already gone. I rubbed my eyes and sat up before grabbing the small paper that was left at his place. I read out loud what was written on the note and smiled softly. "I had to leave, I'm so sorry darling. Come visit me today, I sent you the location. I love you so much. Ps: I made you breakfast," he had written for me.

I couldn't help but blush to the idea of Rafe Cameron slowly becoming a gentle and sweeter man for me. I immediately got up, hurried to the bathroom to shower and get ready. The warm water pouring on my body made me feel instantaneously better and more awake, and I slid on the first pair of shorts I found, along with one of Rafe's polo he had forgotten once, like he usually did. I went downstairs and looked all around to check if anyone was home, but since when I called out no one answered, I figured I was alone.

I went over to the living-room's table and smiled as I caught a glimpse of a huge bunch of roses along with two pancakes and some blueberries. I took a few minutes to eat the tasteful breakfast my boyfriend had prepared for me and admire the flowers before putting on my vans and getting out. I looked at the location Rafe had sent me and I noticed it wasn't far from home so instead of borrowing Topper's car and polluting the air I just walked there.

I was so worried about where my boyfriend spent his nights that I started to jog over there and so I soon arrived. I couldn't tell exactly who's property I stepped in but as I opened the gate I looked all over to find Rafe. I went over to the door, placed my hand on the handle and as I tried to open it, it was locked. I frowned since it wasn't Rafe's type to prank me and send me somewhere he wasn't so I started walking towards the back yard and that's when I saw him.

Rafe was sat on a sort of garden chair with many other furnitures surrounding him on an elevated terrace covered by a sort of gazebo. He smiled and opened his arms as he saw me climbing up the stairs and I smiled too, glad he was here safe. I looked next to him and I was surprised to see Wheezie, standing there, a soft grin on her lips as I went over to her first and gave her a quick hug.

"Hi Tessa," she greeted. "You shouldn't have come he's loosing his mind"

I kissed the top of her head and rubbed her back. "Can you give us a few minutes alone please?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'll leave you two alone, I wouldn't want to spend a single second more with him," she complained and I thought she was hard on him but I didn't know what had happened earlier between them.

Rafe and I both watched her leaving and as she was out of sight I slowly went over to Rafe and sat on him, straddling him. He immediately kissed my lips softly, not even saying a word, and I wrapped my arms around his neck to keep him close. Our tongues danced together for a little while, until we pulled apart and I rested my head on the crouch of his neck, as he rubbed my back with his big hands. I loved his touch, I craved it, and seeing him all sweet and soft made of me the happiest.