BONUS CHAPTER

Outer Banks, Cameron's mansionJune 22th, 20259:30am

June 22th, 2025
9:30am

I woke up alone in the bed, just like everyday, and I pressed on my phone for the loud alarm to stop ringing through my ears. Summer had only begun a day beforehand but it was already so warm in the Outer Banks that I could feel the heat through the closed windows, even though they were covered by metallic and electronic shutters. I got up from our bed, went to the bathroom where I made of myself less of a mess to go to work.

As I rushed downstairs, the first thing I saw was Rafe's bag laying on the table. I sighed and looked inside, noticing that all his professional files were inside, including the ones he needed for his meeting. I checked the time, rolling eyes because of how irresponsible he was when it came to professional things, but also knowing I was the solution to this struggle. I texted JJ, warning him I'd be late for my first lesson and hurried over to my car, Rafe's bag in my hand.

As I drove through the streets of Figure-Eight, even though I was used to this island and how beautiful this island was, I couldn't help but smile and appreciate the sight of it. The ocean, the town, the people, everything just smelled happiness, on both sides of the Outer Banks. Working on the Cut with JJ was the best decision I had ever taken, even though Rafe reminded me everyday that he hated it. It made me happy to share my surfing skills and teach kids how to ride waves even though most of the time they were more excited about meeting Rafe than practicing.

Sometimes it felt like the whole island praised my man, which was a bit weird at first but I had gotten used to it eventually and even embraced it. Being the richest couple on the island gave us many privileges I never missed to share with those who didn't have the same chances as us. Anyways, kids loved Rafe, and even though it wasn't really reciprocal, he often visited me "just to make sure I was okay"when it was obvious he had other motives that concerned more his ego than his love for other people's kids.

I parked my car just next to the whole building dedicated to the Cameron's Development office. I greeted everyone as I walked in and quickly made my way to the elevators where a few people were already waiting. As the doors opened, we stepped inside and I gave each of them a smile they returned. "Hi Mrs Cameron," a brune haired woman greeted softly.

"Hello. Do you know where I can find my husband?" I asked, using a gentle tone.

The building was huge and there were so many floors, so many rooms, I highly doubted I could find him if he was out of his office. "On the upper floor at the business meeting room," she responded, a polite smile across her face as she pressed on the button for me.

"Thank you," I simply replied. "How's your day going?"

The other people left the elevator and the unknown woman stayed with me inside the small cabin. "Good, and- well.. hum- I.. congratulation," she muttered.

I was about to answer but the doors opened and she ran out as if she was so sorry or awkward about the situation. I had no idea what she thanked me for and as I walked along the corridor towards the meeting room, more people stopped their way to thank me. "Good morning Mrs Cameron, congratulations, we never would have thought," a man told me.