chapter 12

At the Amory Plant…

Deidara was just going to keep flying over the building in the middle of nowhere as there wasn't many around to appreciate his art- and he really wasn't a 'mad bomber' as most of Iwa always claimed him to be- but then he spotted the infamous Jiraiya the toad sage. The thrill of such a fight had the ex-explosion corps captain drooling. Grinning at the fact that he could battle and then escape after he had his fun, Deidara shouted down at the man who would learn to appreciate his art…and the random ANBU joining him.

"ART IS AN EXPLOSION!" Deidara gave a cheeky grin as Jiraiya spotted him. As an introduction he released some clay spiders. Landing on the ground nearby, he shouted "Katsu!" and small explosions littered the ground. He didn't aim for the building he reconized as the armory because while Deidara was cocky, he wasn't stupid. Konoha might appear weak and forgiving to the civilian side, but Iwa knew.

Konoha was a sleeping giant. If the plant got damaged in his fun, Deidara would find himself being chased relentlessly by the strongest of the five.

So, he'd just lead them away and then make everything go kablooy.

Turning his bird slightly he flew off, smirking when the pair followed him, dodging his creations along the way.

With Naruto and Jiraiya…

"He's mocking us" Jiraiya growled in annoyance while batting away one spider before it set off. Naruto rolled his eyes behind his mask at the stupidity of Jiraiya's decision in the situation, following a potentially deadly enemy while letting the other ANBU stay behind as 'me and the gaki can handle it'- ludicrous.

"I, Deidara, will show you chumps the true meaning of art, un!" Was the distant call once they were a distance away from the plant.

Their formally mystery assailant began lazily circling them moments later, and the bombs were starting to become more deadly. Covering Jiraiya's behind while the man failed at making his few long range jutsu hit, a crazy idea hit.

"Jiraiya-sama, vault me up, Angel, let's try our wind combination two" Naruto spoke and motioned for Angel to hang on.

"Wait, what?" Jiraiya sputtered as he himself was about to summon Gamabunta but it was too late; Naruto channeled a burst of chakra to his legs, and ran up to the sannin, planting his feet on the back, before leaping high in the air. Once the ANBU reached a respectable height he went through multiple seals.

"Wind Style: Great break through" And a wild blast of wind was released towards the soaring clay bird. Angel, from atop Naruto's head, filled her lungs and blew. A steady but weak stream of fire barreled into the chakra enhanced wind gust, the flames spreading and managing to hit the bird on the tip. As the bird faultered, Deidara toppled off and his creation turned towards the human cat pair.

Normally, hell cat fire techniques were ineffective until adulthood, and Angel's were worse than most. Fire took a chunk of chakra and cats never had as much as humans. However, when a hell cat partners with a wind user- especially one who could created torrents of wind with a high D rank jutsu- that weakness is nullified.

"Hah! Take that pony tailed man" Angel crooned as their opponent fell towards the earth. Problem was, so were they.

"Shit" Naruto cursed. The only option to remain unhurt would be focus a Great Breakthrough at the ground then create shadow clones to catch their slightly slowed decent.

Of course, Deidara's bird had other plans than to allow that. It dive bombed them and Naruto's eyes widened when it started glowing.

"KATSU!" Deidara screamed and Naruto twisted his body while snatching Angel to his chest: he might die, but Angel could survive the blast. Summoning several shadow clones they piled on him to slightly cushion the attack. Waiting for the pain…that never came.