chapter 20

Ten days after Ro reactivates, Naruto's apartment…

"My, my, Naruto, what a surprise. To think Konoha's dead-last, drop out Jinchuuriki was an ANBU? I must be losing my touch. That, or someone knew of my ruse." Kabuto chuckled darkly to the bound and barely conscience Naruto, who managed a weak glare. His team was on a four man patrol as Dragon needed more seals created before chunin hopefuls arrived the next week. He had sent Angel out as well to work with Hisoka in operating her larger form; coordination for a hell cat when they changed their size was always tricky.

"T-traitor" Naruto growled. He knew about Kabuto, all of ANBU did. But for the man to blow his cover now had serious implications. He attempted to call forth Kurama's chakra but found instead a searing pain.

Crap. If I can't use chakra, I can't deactivate my silencing seals! Not that it would help, as Guy is training somewhere and Kakashi is at Jiraiya's book signing. Damn, he ambushed me by bypassing my seals but keeping up the silencing ones- fuinjutsu wasn't in his files!

"Tsk, tsk, a little shock there, eh? No, I can't have you trying to leave before I get some answers. Now tell me: where is the scroll of sealing? I looked everywhere in the tower but it appears to have vanished from its traditional spot. However, I remembered a certain blonde having stole it but couldn't find you…until now, it seems. Really, you shouldn't have told that academy student where you live. It was so simple getting such a sweet child to tell me where her 'sempai' lived."

"When"

"When you picked her up from the academy last Thursday for ramen. Really, Naruto, you couldn't sense me? How pathetic. Now, unless you want her to become my new experiment, you'll tell me where the ANBU has moved the scroll."

"I'm a rookie, they wouldn't tell me about that." Naruto tried, keeping his voice neutral. In truth he did know, as the Hokage had taken him to the archives the week before to study the barrier seal on it so he could modify it to fit the ANBU HQ.

"Tsk, I don't like liars, Naruto; you know who I am based on how quickly you had called on clones when I ambushed you, and I don't doubt Konoha is fully aware of Orochimaru-sama's plans. Of course, I'm an elite jonin level shinobi, and you're…not. So save the lies and attempts at escape and tell me what I want to know." Kabuto had moved over and engulfed his hand in a blade of chakra. Swiping quickly he tore the muscles in Naruto's right leg- an injury unable to heal quickly with his chakra system acting out.

"Argh!"

"I'll do worse to that academy student!"

Momo! The thought of the girl who had just eagerly showed him her newest seal being at the hands of the monster in front of him made the jinchuuriki's blood boil. But, revealing where the archives were- and subsequently the scroll of seals- was out of the question. So, in a probably suicidal move Naruto managed to lift his face from the floor and spat at the grey-haired traitor. Kabuto grunted.

"Bold move coming from someone experiencing my strongest chakra inhibiter poison mixed with venom. No matter; we'll have plenty of time to play back at Oto; Orochimaru-sama will be pleased to have a pet Jinchuuriki."

"Why do you want the scroll of seals?" Naruto asked, trying to buy time until the poison wore off. Already his feet tenketsu could be used without pain. If he timed a kick just right…

"Hm? You don't know? Well, Orochimaru-sama is one for the dramatic. And what better drama than for a Hokage to die by the hand of another, ne?"

Wait…Edo Tensei! He had heard about the jutsu from the scroll, a truly frightening jutsu in the wrong hands.

"Now, why don't we go pick up Momo-chan? She should be sleeping by now. I saw her room- lots of toads and foxes, probably Jiraiya's doing. And her pajamas? How precious. They'd look even cuter with blood and tears, don't you think." Then he looked up and saw a picture Naruto had on the wall: Yakumo painting, taken from when he visited her three days before, telling her he had a meeting scheduled with the Hokage about taking the seal off. She'd positively glowed in happiness. "Oh? Who's that, Yakumo Kurama? My, why don't I take her too? She's cute, hearing her scream as I unravel her kekkei genkai's secrets will be music to my ears, kuku."