chapter 18

Night, with Naruto…

Naruto hissed in discomfort as Angel's claws gripped his head painfully; They'd been on look out for the past week and he only had two days before Wave's council would give him an answer- or try to negotiate again. Either way Naruto wanted this part of his mission done. Perching in trees day and night while the panthers and his clones gathered information inside and another went sight seeing with Sota was not the blonde's idea of an enjoyable week.

Jenta Kendo, former accountant and recently made billionaire when Gato left some of his fortune and business to him and the sixty something year old had it made. Chunin level security, a western style mansion, and all the women he wanted. Konoha's contact had given him a packet over Jenta's schedule and list of the ninja under him, meaning all Naruto had to do was bide his time for the perfect opportunity.

An rustle of leaves in all directions was all the warning Naruto got before Habiki arrived.

"Here- his calogne" Habiki muttered between a mouthful of the aroma shrouded bottle.

'Thank you' Naruto signed. Habiki spit the bottle out. Naruto instantly sprayed it on his hair and pocketed it. One of the guards had Jenta wear it in his hair as it was a uniquely scented cologne that only he made- making tracking and identification simple.

"Are you making your move tonight, young one?" Habiki asked quietly.

'Yes, when the guard rotation changes.' The ones protecting Jenta would change positions outside his private office in the western side. The door was steel and the window was only protected by level two security seals- a non obstacle for one of Naruto's level.

Less than two minutes later the rotation happens and Jenta Kendo was peacefully working late as always. The older man lit a pipe as he signed another document, sighing contentedly. He never noticed the ANBU picking apart his 'high end' security seals- the basic shock, trap, and chakra binding tags that the average ninja wouldn't know simply because of how rare fuinjutsu was- with barely four strokes and a hand seal. He never noticed the sedative laced senbon striking his neck, or that it was a mirror image of himself that did it. With barely a gasp Jenta Kenda fell into a deep slumber.

Naruto gazed impassively at the slumbering man and changed his clothes out for the man's own on his henged form, mentally glad it went smoothly. Habiki and Angel came next to him. After tying Jenta up and handing off more sedatives to Habiki the panther and soon-to-be-dead-man disappeared in a puff of smoke, back to the summoning realm, where he'd be kept slumbering until tomorrow evening. The man would only wake up enough to be given a stroke inducing drug and would die in his bed after complaining the day away about his health.

"Go watch Sota- I have a feeling something will happen soon and I don't want us unaware" Naruto ordered in a whisper, Angel agreeing silently before jumping out the window. He redid the seals, made up the documents for Jenta's will and exited the office at exactly one ten in the morning, just like normal.

"Kendo-sama, have a pleasant rest" Rai, the sensor and sniffer of the guards bid as he bowed. Naruto kept the smirk off his face as he ambled towards his room, careful to walk like a civilian and not a shinobi.

On the road towards Wave…

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Can we fly there, un?"

"No. Stop talking, we're on a mission. Signs only."

"Hmph, stupid rule if you ask me. Why'd I get stuck with you for a babysitter and WHY ARE WE ON THIS MISSION?!"

"Because Dragon-sama is an ass and YOU made him look bad with the hospital stunt!" Hikaru glared from behind his mask. The dysfunctional duo had been assigned the 'Mouse retrieval mission' as Dragon so lovingly called it to find their comrade and get him back to Konoha safely- all without the chaos that ensued wherever they went.