Chapter 1: Loss

(Trigger warning: Suicide)
(Art is by: Tori Tori)!

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng, also known as the infamous Ladybug, was found dead in front of the Eiffel Tower just this morning. Reports say the miraculous of the Ladybug are earrings, but when the people concealing the body went to take them and return them to her parents, they were already stolen. Some wonder if Hawkmoth was the reason for Ladybug's downfall, and has he finally managed to steal the miraculous of the Ladybug?
The founder of her body was none other than Ms. Dupain-Cheng's best friend, Alya Césaire." A reporter stated.
"She called me moments before she jumped...," Alya's voice cracked.
"It was a suicide?!" The reporter gasped.
"She-she told me she couldn't take it anymore, but that she loved me and all of our friends and-and her parents...then the phone went dead. I-I raced out of my house and started searching for her, but-but as soon as I-I found her, she was dead!" Alya sobbed into her hands.
"Back to you Nadia." The reporter put a hand to the camera, wrapping her arm around Alya.
"What a tragedy...maybe it was the pressure of Paris on her shoulders, maybe it was school, or life in general, all we know is that we lost a very important person today." Nadia frowned.

"How depressing." Y/n turned off the tv, rubbing her eyes from the tears that threatened to follow.
Y/n was always emotional towards these things, she never even had met the girl, but she could put herself in that girl's shoes.
"Y/n! Dinner!" Y/n's mom yelled.
"Coming mom!" Y/n yelled back, hopping down the stairs and into the kitchen.
"Did you hear the news today?" Y/n's dad asked, digging into his food already.
"Yes I did, that poor girl..." I trailed off, remembering her friend crying.
"I feel bad for her partner Chat Noir too, now he has to save Paris constantly by himself." Y/n's mom sat down at the table.
"Chat Noir? Ladybug has a partner?" I raised a brow.
"I heard from my co-workers he often gets overlooked by a lot of people, I just hope they find a new Ladybug soon." Y/n's dad looked down at his plate.
The rest of the dinner conversation was around the same topics.
Y/n and her parents even researched the two superhero's before bed. Turns out the superhero's were only around 14-17 years of age.
"Who decided to make a bunch of teenagers superhero's? No wonder Ladybug was so stressed out, she's just a kid!" Y/n exclaimed.
"In all honesty hun, it doesn't matter the age per say, but more of the heart that person has." Y/n's mom peaked over her shoulder to face Y/n.
"Yes, yes, very nice mom, and what is the miraculous?" Y/n asked next, looking closer at the computer her family was huddled in front of.
"The ladyblog says it's ancient, that they're pieces of jewelry and once you wear them, they can give you superpowers. Hmm...it doesn't specify how though." Y/n's dad out a finger on his chin.
"Nothing for us to worry about though. I'm sure whoever this hawkmoth guy is, Chat Noir will defeat him in no time! And who knows? Maybe a new ladybug. For now, let's just get some rest." Y/n's mom closed to computer, the creases on her forehead showing how worried she felt.
"Yes, I suppose you're right. Aw well, goodnight kiddo." Y/n's dad kissed Y/n's forehead.
"G'night." Y/n replied, leaving her parents room and going upstairs into her own.
Y/n opened the doors to her room and closed them, sighing as she headed up a mini set of stairs in her room and towards what she called her "ceiling balcony". Even though it was basically a ceiling window that led to the roof in a balcony-like way.
Y/n rested her hands on the railing that kept her from falling down 2 stories and just stared into the night.
Despite the tragic events this morning, the nights Y/n got to see every night in Paris gave her a sort of serene feeling.
The sound of wind blowing caught Y/n attention only seconds into her night gazing.
Tonight wasn't windy, it was humid actually. Makes since, it was August after all, but it was also the day before school started.
Y/n squinted her eyes to try and catch what was making a now swinging sound.
It could have been a bird for all she knew, but this thing really caught her eye.
Then she saw it, or rather, him.
The clouds were covering the moon, but as soon as the moon's light shined through the clouds, she could see him.
His golden locks of hair, his cat like, bright green eyes, his black suit that blended well with the night, all of it.
"So this is the infamous Chat Noir?" Y/n thought.
He was sitting on the ledge of a nearby building by Y/n and her parents' house.
Y/n could see almost immediately that he looked really sad.
She couldn't see much about him, facial wise, but she could definitely see the frown that sat firmly on his face.
Y/n and her parents were up well past midnight researching about the superhero's despite tomorrow being a school day,
"So why is he out and about at this time of night?" Y/n wondered.
She closed her eyes and put a hand to her mouth to cover her yawn for one second, one second.
But as soon as she opened her eyes, he was gone.
"Where did he-?"
"Hello." A soft voice spoke.
Y/n almost jumped out of her skin.
She yelped and grasped the cloth covering her rapidly beating heart.
It was him, but how did he do that?
"Chat Noir-? How did you do that?" Y/n asked.
"Oh? With this." Chat softly smiled, showing off his pogo like stick.
He made it extend all the way to the ground and made it come all the way back up to him.
"Wow." Y/n breathed.
"You're new here aren't you? I've saved Paris plenty of times to learn the faces of its population, but not yours." Chat Noir sat on the railing.
"Yes actually, my family moved here about a week ago-I'm sorry, but what on earth are you doing up so late?" Y/n questioned, her mind racing with multiple thoughts at once.
"I could be asking you that question as well, but if you insist, I'll start," Chat Noir started to speak but faltered for a moment. He cleared his throat and only then did he speak.
"Ladybug and I, we-...we used to do these nightly patrols together, just me and her. But now, I'm doing it all by myself..." Chat trailed off.
Y/n looked at him and it was only then that she got a real good look at him.
His mask may have covered most of his face, but his cheeks were red and so were his eyes, bloodshot and glossy from probably crying.
He was trembling a bit, the railing started to shake under Y/n's hands.
She put a hand on Chat's shoulder, trying to comfort him.
"I'm sure a new Ladybug will come soon and do patrols with you!" Y/n tried to smile but Chat Noir smacked her hand off his shoulder.
"No! I don't want a new Ladybug, I wanted her...I want her..." Chat snapped, his voice becoming a whisper at the end.
Y/n held her smacked hand to her chest, frightened but also concerned at his outburst.
Chat Noir's eyes widened once he realized what he had done.
He got off the railing and onto the balcony, a mere few feet away from Y/n.
"I'm sorry, today has been rough for me. What's your name?" Chat asked.
"Y/n..." Y/n replied slowly.
Chat bowed and grabbed her hand, pressing his soft lips on her knuckles.
"Y/n, I hope I'll see you around soon but I must be continuing my patrol," Chat tried to smile.
Pink sprinkled across Y/n's cheeks, making her stutter as she tried to speak.
"Y-yes! I'll be smelling the shroud, s-seeing you around!" Y/n corrected herself, smacking her forehead from the embarrassment.
Chat chuckled a bit at her slip up, letting go of her hand.
"Goodnight Y/n." Chat softly smiled, his eyes filled with pain.
"Goodnight, Chat Noir." Y/n waved.
And like that, Chat swung off into the night, leaving
Y/n blushing, frazzled, but still worried.

~That Morning~

"JUST JUMP UP, KICK BACK, WHIP AROUND AND SPIN~!" Y/n's alarm blared into her ear.
"Nooooooo." Y/n groaned, shutting off her alarm.
6:45 read on the clock as she got out of bed, her eyes dark with circles under them from the previous day.
Y/n did her morning routine, brushed her teeth, brushed and styled her hair, put on her f/c t-shirt (and a picture or pattern of whatever you want on the shirt if you wanna) and some pants.
She grabbed her bag and headed downstairs, grabbing a piece of toast, kissing her mom and dad goodbye and running out the door.
"7:45? Dang it." Y/n mumbled, she really needed to learn to stop taking her time.
Y/n grabbed the map on her phone out, typed in her school's name and ran while following its directions.

Y/n made small hops from one foot to the next as she waiting for the sign to tell her to go at a crosswalk.
There were very few cars, she and the other people who were crowding around her could honestly go now, but Y/n knew she'd feel guilty about not waiting for the sign to tell her to go later.
Suddenly, a man, maybe in his late 40's passed by Y/n and the people around her and started cruising his way through the cross walk.
"Wait sir! Maybe we should wait-!" Y/n tried to call after the man but he seemed to pay no mind to her.
Suddenly, two cars who looked to be racing, were racing right towards him.
"Sir!" Y/n tried to warn, but he didn't seem to notice the two cars hurdling towards him either.
"Does anybody else see this happening?!" Y/n grumbled.
He was barely close to the end of the crosswalk, he wasn't gonna make it and it seemed only Y/n knew.
Thinking about the man first, Y/n raced across the crosswalk, running as fast as her already tired legs could carry her.
"Watch out!" Y/n yelled, tackling the man to the end of the crosswalk and onto the sidewalk.
The cars raced past them, they obviously didn't even notice the two of them.
The sign that allowed you to cross the cross walk finally turned to go.
"Of course." Y/n grumbled.
The man was about to yell at Y/n until he noticed the two cars fading from view.
"You- you saved me." The man breathed in deeply.
"Well when you put it that way, I guess I did." Y/n said, almost smugly.
"I must apologize, I've never been so distracted before. You- you seem to be very diligent." The man complimented.
"Thanks, I think." Y/n chuckled awkwardly.
The man rose from the ground and offered Y/n a hand, to which she responded by grabbing it.
"I'm afraid I must be off now, but I have a feeling I'll be seeing you really soon." The old man bowed.
"We'll see, but sure I-," Y/n looked around, he was gone, all she did was blink!
"Guess." Y/n finished, shrugging and then quickly heading off to class.

"5 minutes to spare!" Y/n cheered as she walked into class.
She looked around, almost every seat seemed to be full, except for one.
She recognized the girl by herself instantly, it was the girl from the news yesterday.
Y/n walked up to her.
"Hello!" Y/n said, trying to sound warm and friendly.
"Oh uh- hello." The girl, Alya Y/n believed, replied.
"I'm Y/n what's your name?" Y/n continued to make conversation, sitting beside Alya.
All of the sudden, the entire classroom gasped at her.
Y/n looked around in confusion.
"Why's everyone looking at me like that?" Y/n whispered, asking no one in particular.
"That's where Marinette used to sit...," Alya trailed off.
"Oh...Oh! Ohhhhhh, I'm so sorry, I'll move-,"
"No, no it's ok. I'm Alya, nice to meet you." Alya shook hands with Y/n.
"It's really fine dude, this class is just filled with very sentimental people." A boy in front of and across
Y/n placed a hand on her shoulder.
"Ok, if you're sure. I'm Y/n!" Y/n tried to salvage the situation.
"Nino, this here is Adrien, he hasn't been much of a talker recently though." Nino placed another hand around Adrien's arm.
Y/n waved at him and tried to smile warmly, he reciprocated her wave but his smiled was very small.
"Alright class! We have a new student today! This is
Y/n, I expect you all to be nice and respectful and make her feel at home!" The teacher, Mrs. Bustier, announced.

Classes ended, and Y/n already felt awkward. The class wouldn't stop staring at her, it was as if they thought that if they stared long enough, they would see Marinette instead of her.
She felt bad about the death of their friend, but all she wanted to do was fit in.
Y/n was about to walk out the exit until a hand tapped her shoulder.
"Sorry for being so quiet earlier, and I'm sorry about the whole class staring at you. They're still mourning." Adrien apologized, Alya and Nino standing hand in hand behind him.
"It's alright, I know what it's like to miss someone. Do you need something?" Y/n asked, not wanting to say the wrong thing.
"How about allowing us to show you around Paris?" Adrien offered.
Y/n smiled, maybe she wasn't hopeless after all.
"I'd like that."

Hello! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of this fic!
Updates will be on Tuesday's or Friday's or both or multiple updates on either day! This week, posts will be often though since I have the time. They will be surrounding this schedule though as the fic progresses!
Please let me know if I made any mistakes!
Have a blessed day/morning/night!<3