Chapter 12: The Chase

Lil' update for you all, since school has now started (great😀🌈🎶🔪) update schedule will be different! I also have Cross Country practice everyday after school and meets every morning on Saturday! So updates will now be on either Saturday's or Sunday's! Thank you for your constant patience and enjoy!
Mild trigger warning: mild thoughts of suic!de
Art: ker0_san

Y/n hadn't slept a wink that night.
She just sat there in her bed, dreading the inevitable light that let her know a new day had arisen.
She felt awful about how she reacted to Chat, but she was also fearful.
And her hallucination was still after her, she just didn't know when he was going to finally show up.
But maybe...maybe if he did kill her, it wouldn't be so bad.
"Y/n?" A tiny voice asked.
"Yes Tikki?" Y/n replied, her voice monotoned.
"Are you okay?" Tikki sat herself on Y/n's shoulder.
Y/n pulled her knees up to her chest and rested her head on her kneecaps.
"No." Y/n replied, her lips quivering into a frown.
Y/n's eyes squinted as the light shined through her curtains.
She sighed and climbed out of bed, facing the day known as "The last day of school."

"Y/n!" Alya waved her arm high as Y/n walked through the doors.
Y/n looked ahead and saw Alya waving her over to a staircase that also had Nino and Adrien sitting on its steps.
"Morning." Y/n grumbled out as she sat on the step beside Adrien.
"Aw no, you too?" Nino sighed as he rested a hand under the side of his face.
"Me too?" Y/n blinked.
"Adrien's been a total downer ever since he first arrived, is this sadness contagious or something?" Nino scooted up another step away from Y/n and Adrien.
Y/n looked over at Adrien and Nino was right.
Adrien had bags under his eyes, his eyes looked more sunken and his mouth was formed into a small, numb frown.
Y/n's lips pursed into a frown as she laid her head on Adrien's shoulder.
"Guess we're both having a rough morning huh?" Y/n whispered.
She could feel Adrien's head move to lay his head on her's.
"Um...yeah, guess we are." Y/n heard Adrien sniffle.
"Ugh, depressing." Alya shook her head.
Alya walked up the steps until she reached Adrien and Y/n. She sat down by Y/n and grasped Y/n's hand into her's.
Nino followed Alya's lead and scooted down until he reached Adrien's side, putting his arm around Adrien's shoulder.
"I don't know what's going on with you two, but whatever it is, know it's going to get better. Please believe me when I say that it is." Alya whispered.
Then it dawned on Y/n.
The small shake in Alya's hand, the way Alya was tightly holding onto her hand, the way her eyes were shut tightly and her head was leaning closely to Y/n.
Alya was afraid Y/n was going to commit suicide like Marinette.
"Oh Alya." Y/n lifted her head from Adrien's shoulder.
"I believe you." Y/n gave a weak smile, returning Alya's squeeze.
Alya looked up at Y/n and smiled.
The bell rang a few minutes later, signaling the start of class.
Alya and Nino walked ahead with Adrien and Y/n trailing behind. But before Y/n could catch up with the fast paced couple, a hand grabbed her's.
Y/n turned around and saw Adrien's lost and distraught expression.
"Can we-...talk later? I need to talk to someone." Adrien pleaded.
Y/n's eyes glittered with tears.
She walked the few inches between her and Adrien and gave him a tight hug.
"Yes, of course." She whispered.
Adrien returned her hug and they walked the rest of the way to class together.

~After School~

"Take some time for yourselves ok? Make sure to drink water, eat some comfort food, listen to some music! Ok? And call me if any of you need a listening ear." Alya said as she held
Y/n's hands close to her chest.
"Yes Alya, thank you." Y/n gave a small smile.
"We'll be fine, and text the group chat later. Maybe some summer fun will get our minds off of things." Adrien suggested.
"Great idea dude!" Nino patted Adrien's back.
"Well, Nino and I have to go, I promised I'd drive him to his doctors appointment. Text me when you guys get home, ok?" Alya reluctantly let Y/n's hands go.
This made Y/n feel a bit better after everything, maybe she did mean something to these friends. Something more than just a replacement. And for now, that was enough.
Alya and Nino waved goodbye as they headed towards Alya's car.
"Want to take a walk to the park?" Y/n suggested as she looked up towards Adrien's melancholy expression.
"Yeah, yes, yes, for sure." Adrien nearly stuttered out.
The two began to walk towards the park until they found a nice bench to sit on that was shaded by a few trees.
When they sat, Y/n sat there, patiently waiting for Adrien's story.
"Y/n, have you ever been inlove?" Adrien finally asked.
Y/n's eyes widened a bit in surprise, she was taken aback by this question.
"I-yes, once." Y/n slowly replied, each word sounding as though she was about to trail off into silence.
"I have too, but why is it that it's the same ending every single time?" Adrien stared off at the kids playing soccer a few hundred yards away from where the two sat.
"I'm not sure I follow." Y/n replied.
"Twice, twice I've fallen inlove. But with each girl, they kept things from me. Thing's that I should have known about. And both- no, only one truly made me feel like I was something worth falling inlove for. And yet-," Adrien's voice cracked. "And yet, my heart is still left with this hole. She was supposed to fill it, and at one point, I thought she did. But it was all a lie." Adrien's voice shaked as he wiped at his face.
Y/n couldn't help but feel herself tearing up at Adrien's story. His story almost sounded like...
"What was the second girl like? What made her feel so special to you?" Y/n asked.
Adrien sniffled and chuckled a bit, his eyes looking lost, deep within memories.
"It's funny really, I used to despise her. I thought she was some funny joke the world pulled on me, that she was meant to be a reminder of what I had lost, of what I should have known better. But really, she was the person I needed most. She had this sort of light that followed her, her smile could have changed even the most hardened of hearts. I gave her hell when she first walked into my life, but she still looked at me with a caring smile on her face, her eyes shimmering with love," Adrien smiled fondly. His tears fell down his chin and onto his lap, staining his jeans.
"But it was all a lie, she was just like the first girl. Nothing but a mask on her face that hid her lies." Adrien's eyes seemed to cast a dark look onto the ground.
"Adrien?" Y/n's voice cracked a bit as she reached her hands out towards him.
"Yes? What-?" Adrien looked at her with confusion as she cupped his face.
His face felt familiar in her hands, and his eyes...his eyes...
Y/n could feel the tears forming in her eyes, her lips quivering as she deeply frowned.
"Kitty?" She barely whispered.
Adrien's eyes widened in realization.
"Peebs?" He whispered, a tear falling down his cheek and seeping into where her hand cupped his face.
"I-I'm-," Y/n started to say but her vision glitched and disoriented in front of her.
Adrien's face changed from his face to Chat's to Chat Blanc's.
Y/n sucked in a breath as she quickly got up.
"I-I got to go." Y/n quickly turned around and ran away.
"Wait- Y/n!" Adrien called out for her but she ignored his calls.
She regretted everything, her life, her decisions, everything.
"Tikki, spots on." Y/n panted as she ran.
"But Y/n-."
"Tikki, SPOTS ON." Y/n yelled as she leaped into the air.
She transformed quickly and used her yo-yo to propel herself further in the air.
She sensed him almost immediately.
The air itself felt staticky and disoriented. Like a broken record player or radio.
"I found youuuuu~!" She heard Chat Blanc sing behind her.
"Can we do this later? I'm trying to run away from my problems, not have them chase me!" Y/n yelled back, her focus on flying away.
"You can't outrun me that easily, I'll soon have you in my clutches and then...I'll save that part for when it comes~." Chat Blanc laughed.
Y/n could feel her skin crawl and her sweat turn cold as he said those words.
If she wasn't careful or diligent at this moment, she could very much die.
"Leave me alone!" She shouted behind her.
"Hmmm, what a very funny idea! I'll be sure to run it by myself later." She could hear his sarcasm rolling off his tongue as he said it.
This really was the akumatized version of Chat Noir, and that's what scared her the most.
Y/n stopped swinging her yo-yo and landed on top of a a strip of buildings, most likely apartment buildings.
She quickly grounded herself and started to run, jumping from building to building and fighting the urge to look back and see how far behind he was.
She also fought back the urge to scream from the sensations bubbling in her chest.
She could feel fear, dread, panic, every bad emotion you could possibly think of all piled up on her chest. Like a weight she couldn't lift.
Finally, Y/n spared a glance back.
She slowed down just a smidge when she saw that he was no longer chasing her.
She should've fought the urge harder, because she rammed into something even harder as she turned back around.
Him.
Y/n screamed as she fell to the ground, landing on her elbows first.
She tried regaining her ground and standing up, but he was looming right over her. His sadistic smirk widened as he saw how frightened she was.
Y/n started to back away until her back hit against a chimney.
Y/n huffed and panted in panic as her eyes searched for quick escape routes.
"This is just an illusion, this is just an illusion." Y/n closed her eyes and repeated to herself over and over.
But it wan't just an illusion. This was a real event that happened in someone else's memories, Marinette's memories. And now they were haunting Y/n's reality.
"Aw~ You look so adorable when you're scared." Chat Blanc cooed as he squatted down to Y/n's level.
Y/n could see how much sharper and pointed Chat Blanc's teeth were. And the way his iris's were slit like a cat about to pounce on its prey. She could see how maniacal, and insane he was just by the way his eyes scanned her crumpled up state.
He leaned in close to her, their lips centimeters from touching, their eyes staring intensely at each other.
"I'm going to kill you now Y/n, you're what keeps me and Marinette from truly being together. And I am going to enjoy every minute of it." Chat Blanc whispered lowly into Y/n's ear, earning a shiver from her.
Y/n felt tears fall down her face. Her body was shaking all over.
Chat Blanc stood up and let out a low growl as he raised his claw up.
He yelled out as he thrusted his hand towards her.
Y/n recognized that yell, it sounded so similar to Chat Noir's yell of pure pain and anguish.
"I love you!" Y/n yelled over Chat Blanc's scream.
Chat Blanc stopped his claw, a few more seconds and she would have been dead.
Chat Blanc huffed but didn't move.
"I love you," Y/n continued.
"I know Marinette didn't say that to you nearly enough, and even when she did, it was half-hearted. I know how much you meant to her and I know she used that to her advantage. She used you, and manipulated you, and she hurt you! I know that you're hurt from her actions," Y/n put her hands on his shoulders and sat him down on his knees so they were eye to eye.
"I also know, that deep down in there, is my Chat Noir. And I know I hurt you too by not telling you what I was going through. I know that a small part of you is this way because of me, even if you're just my illusion, you're still my Kitty," Y/n continued to say. She could see Chat Blanc's iris's start to dilate back to normal pupils, and his mouth close as he listened to her confession.
"You're mine Chat, you're mine now and this time I won't let you go. I promise." Y/n finished. Y/n could feel her sobs in her throat and the tears slowly falling down each cheek.
She and Chat Blanc stared at each other, one with a saddened expression, the other with an unreadable, awed expression.
Chat Blanc pinned Y/n's wrists to the chimney and let out a soft, low growl.
For a moment, his eyes turned back into slits and his claws seemed to poke small pricks into Y/n's skin.
He tightened his grip on her wrists causing Y/n to groan a bit in pain, her breath hitching in her throat.
She closed her eyes and waited for pain to take over her senses until she died.
But it never came.
Instead, soft and tender lips pressed themselves lightly on hers.
The tightened grip on Y/n's wrists's loosened and slid to holding her hands as his lips started to press more firmly onto Y/n's.
Y/n moved her hands from his now gentle grip and found her way into his hair, running her hands through the strands of his hair as their kissed deepened.
Passion ignited between them.
Chat and Y/n broke apart to take a breath and pressed their lips onto the other's seconds later.
Y/n could feel Chat's hand cradle her neck, the other holding the back of her head tenderly.
When they broke apart, it wasn't Chat Blanc
Y/n was gazing at, it was Chat Noir.
The two stood up, Chat holding her hands lovingly and with care.
"Chat?" Y/n tilted her head in confusion.
She looked up and down at him and saw him slowly fading away. She looked back up and saw a soft smile now playing on his lips.
Not a sadistic, psychotic smile no, it was a smile full of love and peace.
"Thank you Y/n, for setting me free." Chat whispered.
He leaned in and gave Y/n one more kiss, a kiss that was soft, he barely touched her lips but Y/n could still feel it nonetheless.
When she opened her eyes, she was met with a few rose petals that fell gracefully in front of her.
Y/n placed a finger onto her lips and smiled a bit.
She had a feeling, that she wouldn't be having any more illusions from now on.
"Chat...," Y/n whispered, looking downwards and smiling.
"Chat...Chat, Chat! Chat Noir! I have to go apologize, I have to make things right!" Y/n quickly turned around, leaping away from the building.
She had to talk to him, and this time, she was not going to run away.
Not this time.

Thank you for reading!
Second to last chapter will be out this weekend!
Have a blessed day/morning/night!<3