Chapter 2: Why Me?

Fanart by: it says in the fanart, I'm not writing all that out LOL-

"Where are you three gonna take me first?" Y/n bubbled, now feeling more comfortable with being taken in.
Adrien, Alya and Nino cast each other a look, earning a confused look from Y/n.
"We were thinking about taking you to Andrè's." Adrien started.
"If we can find him of course!" Nino smiled.
"I don't understand." Y/n tilted her head.
"Andrè never stays in one place, it's only one of two reasons why people love Andrè's ice cream so much." Alya took out her phone, starting to walk in a direction.
"What's the other?" Y/n asked.
"It's an A. and B. situation. Point A. being that if you eat his ice cream with your partner at the time, you'll be meant for each other forever. Point B. His ice cream flavors describe your soulmate." Alya fell dramatically into Nino's arms.
Y/n wanted to almost roll her eyes. How could a random person be able to not only dictate if you and another person are meant to be, but also know exactly who it is?
Then again, what a nice thought. And what a romantic date that would be.
"Well? Let's find him then!" Y/n started to pump up again.
"That's the spirit!" Adrien linked arms with Y/n.

"Welcome to Andrè's! Is that a double date I see? What a strong bond the four of you have!" Andrè twirled around.
"Wow, this guy defiantly doesn't have an evil bone in his body." Y/n thought.
"Sweet of you, but I just met these guys earlier today. But I think we're at the point that we can consider each other friends." Y/n glanced at all of her new friends, who smiled at her.
"We're together though Andrè." Alya pointed towards her and Nino's interlocked hands.
"How romantic! Come, come, let Andrè get you four some ice cream!" Andrè beckoned them forward.
When it was Y/n's turn, she really didn't know what to say or do.
"So, you can predict a person's soulmate? How does that work?" Y/n asked.
Andrè gave Y/n a sly but knowing look.
"A superpower you can call it, but I like to call it my special gift young one." Andrè booped Y/n's nose.
"But-!"
"Cake batter for his hair, and Matcha for his eyes, along with black sesame with green mint chips for his wild side!" Andrè smiled, handing Y/n her ice cream.
Y/n stared long and hard at it, maybe that would give her a solid picture of what her "Soulmate" looked like...as stupid as that sounded.
"How did you do that though?" Y/n asked.
"It's a super power Y/n, just don't question it." Alya shrugged, taking a lick from her ice cream.
"I guess you're right, if there can be superhero's based off of animals then there can be ice cream guys who can predict a person's soulmate." Y/n rolled with it, licking her ice cream.
"Wow!" Y/n exclaimed, taking another lick.
"Enjoy it dude." Nino smiled, sitting on a bench and leaning his head back.
Y/n sat along side him, Adrien and Alya.
All of them just sitting together. Y/n started to feel very content with herself.

"Guys! Let's go visit this place!" Y/n started running towards the bakery up ahead. When she noticed nobody was following her, her smile faded. She turned around.
"Guys?" Y/n asked.
Y/n saw their frowns, but she still didn't know why.
"This was where Marinette used to live, her parents own the bakery." Alya whispered, her saddened eyes looking at the ground.
Y/n mentally slapped herself, how could have been so stupid? She should have just let them tour her where they wanted to. But she got too excited.
"Oh, I'm really sorry guys." Y/n slumped her shoulders, walking back towards them.
"Let's just go." Nino wrapped an arm around Alya.
When Adrien didn't follow behind, Y/n walked to him.
"Adrien?" Y/n asked, tugging on his shirt.
Adrien's eyes looked horror-stricken as he gazed upon what Y/n assumed to be Marinette's balcony.
"Huh, kind of like mine too." Y/n thought.
"Are you ok?" Y/n asked.
Adrien shook his head back and forth, putting a reassuring hand where Y/n's hand was still on his shoulder.
"I'm fine, I know a place we can show you next." Adrien tried to smile, but it looked more like an awkward grin.
Y/n cringed at how sad Marinette's death made her new friends, who were technically Marinette's old friends...
Was she becoming a replacement?
Was that all she was going to be? A constant reminder that Marinette's dead and now they had to deal with
Y/n?
"No! You can't believe that's the only reason they wanted to be friends with you. They've only just now started to mourn, let them mourn." Y/n's thoughts set her straight.

"Thanks for the Paris tour you guys!" Y/n thanked as Adrien's bodyguard dropped her off at her house.
"There's still much more to see, you have our numbers right?" Alya asked, leaning out the window.
"Yep, just text me! See you guys tomorrow!" Y/n waved.
"Bye!" The three said at the same time.
Adrien's car drove away and Y/n went inside.
"Who knew Adrien was living RICH, it was very nice of his bodyguard to offer driving us home. His father, on the other hand, sounded so harsh on the phone."
Y/n thought as she walked up the stairs towards her room.
Her parents were out at dinner by the time Y/n got home, she didn't really know what to do for dinner herself. She was going to simply put a microwaveable dinner in the microwave and let the machine do the work until she heard a knock at her ceiling window.
Curiosity weighed over Y/n's small fear as she stepped out to see who the mysterious visitor was.
"You?" Y/n asked, puzzled as she saw the same old man from earlier this morning.
"Yes, me." The old man replied.
"How did you get up here? What are you doing here-?"
"I am Master Su Han. I watched over Ladybug's progress when her original master could not. Since she has passed, there needs to be a new Ladybug, a new Guardian of the Miraculous." Su Han said.
It was only then that Y/n noticed the ladybug looking, circular box in Su Han's hands.
It was also only then that Y/n understood where he was getting at.
"Me? Why me? I don't even know what the miraculous box is, I don't know the first thing about being a superhero I-." Y/n stuttered over her words, processing.
"I will teach you, I will help train you and guide you like I should have done with the previous Ladybug. I partially blame myself for her demise, even though I don't know what originally led to it...," Su Han looked to the sky for a moment, sighing.
"I've been distracted lately, I need time to restore my inner peace. But I will help you, once every week, Wednesdays, every night, understand?" Su Han, looked at Y/n.
"But why me? I haven't even lived in Paris for very long!" Y/n tried to convince him.
But Su Han shook his head.
"You saved me? Remember? Sure anybody could have helped, but only you did. I see your heart Y/n, it is good. Knowing this information, I believe you will make a great Ladybug and Guardian." Su Han offered the miraculous box.
"But I'm just a kid!" Y/n countered again.
"Y/n, it matter not the age of the person, but the heart and wisdom that person carries with them." Su Han nodded to her.
"You sound like my mother." Y/n mumbled.
Y/n hesitantly grabbed the box, it started to glow pure white, then back to normal only it looked much different then before.
It now looked like a big, octagon shaped music box. It looked to be painted various shades of red with big, black dots sprinkled around it, like a ladybug.
Y/n tried to open it, but to know avail.
"It's not working." Y/n frowned.
"You're the guardian now, let your heart guide you." Su Han instructed.
Y/n looked at the box again and saw the big, black dots were more like buttons.
Y/n pressed four of them, unlocking the box.
The top of the music box swung open, revealing the inside of the box, each jewelry in their own little space. The sides of the music box opened up too, showing more and different pieces of jewelry.
"Is this the-?"
"Yes, it is, and those earrings are the miraculous of the ladybug." Su Han nodded at the top of the box.
Y/n took the earring out, closing the box and setting it beside her.
She placed the earrings in her ears and a ball of red spun around her, revealing a creature looking thing, it's skin red, with black polka dots around it's tiny body and and cute little antenna things on its head.
"Hi! I'm Tikki!" Tikki spun around Y/n.
"What are you?!" Y/n gasped.
"I'm a kwami, I'm what gives you your powers!" Tikki bubbled.
"Amazing!" Y/n's eyes sparkled.
"I must take my leave now, don't forget, every night on Wednesday. We meet here." Su Han nodded, leaping off the balcony and disappearing.
"Is there anything you wanna do?" Tikki asked.
"Well, Chat Noir said he always did patrols at night and I think I'll join him! We are gonna be partners after all!" Y/n thought confidently, completely forgetting what Chat told her the night before.
"I think that's a wonderful idea!" Tikki did a mini front flip.
"Ok, how do I do this?" Y/n asked, going back to her room to place her new music box.
"I'm gonna call you my miracle box." Y/n smiled.
"Just say Tikki! spots on! And to become your civilian self again, say, Tikki! Spots off!" Tikki instructed.
"Alright then, Tikki..." Y/n started, climbing onto her balcony and closing her window.
"Spots on!"

Hope you enjoyed!
Please let me know if I made any mistakes!
Have a blessed day/morning/night!<3