Chapter 6: Movies

Art by: MissAviv

Y/n and her new friends tried going to the movies for the next week. But every time they tried either something came up, or an akuma arose and they had to reschedule it.
Finally, after two weeks of non-stop rescheduling, today was the day.
"So what are we going to see?" Y/n bubbled, trying to balance her icee and extra large popcorn.
"We're watching Corpse Bride! This week is animation throwback week. I love this week." Alya twirled around in a dreamlike way.
"Can't we watch that loonytunes movie instead?" Nino grumbled, taking a sip from his soda.
"Please- you're just upset that Emily didn't end up with-!"
"Guys, I've never seen the movie!" Y/n quickly cuts in.
"Whoops, let's just go in." Alya quickly speed walks towards the theater doors and opens them for the other three.
They all got situated just as the previews started.
"I'm so excited! All I know about this movie is that it's stop motion! Very under appreciated these days." Y/n grabs a handful from her popcorn.
She offers a bit to Adrien, who she was sitting by, but he politely declined.
"I've never really eaten much popcorn, I probably won't even like it." Adrien waves the bag away.
Y/n gasps and lifts up the two arm rests separating her and Adrien, she places the popcorn in the middle and faces towards the screen again.
"In case you change your mind." Y/n smiles.
"Shhhhhhhh! It's starting!" Alya does a little dance in her seat, plopping a few bits of candy into her mouth.
Throughout the movie, Y/n couldn't stop switching sides.
"Why doesn't Victor just tell Emily the truth?" Y/n asks, her head tilted slightly towards Adrien so he could hear her whisper.
"I think he just doesn't wanna hurt her feelings." Adrien whispers back, finally taking a handful of popcorn and eating it out of his hand piece by piece.
"Wimp, he's just gonna hurt her even worse." Y/n grumbled.
"Sh!" Alya hushed them both, holding Nino's hand as he glared daggers at Victor.
"I just don't understand why he can't make up his ding dang mind. He met them both on the exact same day, both somehow care for him. But he keeps playing them both!" Y/n whispered lower, raising her hands up in aggravation, dropping a few pieces of popcorn while doing so.
Adrien chuckles lightly.
"Let's just see how the movie ends first." Adrien replies, looking back at the big screen.
The minutes ticked by as the movie continued to progress. As the movie continued to move forward in plot, the more ticked off Y/n got.
She aggressively took a drink from her icee and reached into her bag of popcorn.
But then she felt something hard but soft and warm despite the popcorn having had cooled.
Y/n grabs the hard object in her hands and lifts it out of the bag.
It was Adrien's hand.
Y/n blushes from embarrassment and yanks her hand away, laughing softly from her foolishness.
Adrien laughs along.
Y/n gestures for him to grab some popcorn first, he grabs his handful and she grabs hers.
Y/n was really starting to enjoy her new friends.

~After the movie~

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" Y/n fumes as she roughly pushes the doors out of the theater open, Nino holding her shoulder with his hands in sympathy.
"I agree Y/n, my man had no right to keep going back and forth." Nino shook his head.
"Can't believe he ended up choosing Victoria, at least Emily got the peace she deserved." Y/n grumbled, patting Nino's hand and then crossing her arms.
"You both know full well that the movie ended how it should've." Alya smiled, her hands placed neatly behind her back as she gracefully walked down the steps.
"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Y/n mumbled.
"How do you feel dude?" Nino asked, his head turning towards Adrien.
"I really liked the piano scene, maybe I'll try to learn it." Adrien smiled, sipping his drink which he seemed to have not finished.
Y/n whirled around, suddenly excited.
"You know piano? I've always wanted to learn piano!" Y/n jumped up and down.
"Really? Maybe you could come over sometime and I could teach you." Adrien smiled back.
"Yes! That would be great! Do you wanna go right now? My parents won't mind, they're out of town on business this week." Y/n beamed.
"Father probably won't allow it." Adrien frowned a bit as they reached his car.
"I'll deal with your father if he questions it."
Y/n crossed her arms.
Nino choked on his own spit.
"Have you met the dude? My guy is brutal when it comes to Adrien." Nino cringed.
"Nothing I can't handle." Y/n smiled.
"I guess we could try." Adrien said, slowly.
"Yay!" Y/n clapped her hands like a two year old.
They all huddled into Adrien's car and his bodyguard dropped Alya and Nino off.
"So what do you wanna learn?" Adrien asks.
"Why not the duet from the movie?" Y/n replies.
"Too complex for a beginner, how about something a bit easier?" Adrien says.
Y/n thinks for a moment.
"Then the basics!" Y/n smiles.
"Ok, the basics then." Adrien smiles back.
After a few more minutes, the two arrived at Adrien's mansion.
Y/n's jaw practically dropped to the floor as she saw how massive it was.
Adrien led Y/n inside and to his room, thankfully his father didn't see either one of them.
"This is your room?" Y/n almost fainted by the size.
"Yeah, does it look alright?" Adrien scratched the back of his neck.
"Alright? It looks amazing!" Y/n smiled.
They both sat themselves on the seat in front of Adrien's piano. Adrien immediately started to teach her the notes and a few scales. Y/n gently placed her fingers in the keys, almost nervous at doing so in fear of breaking it. As Adrien continued to teach her how to play, the more comfortable and at ease she felt.
"You're really good at this! Let me grab some beginner's sheet music." Adrien smiled.
Y/n started to play some basic pieces like "Mary had a little lamb", "itsy bitsy spider", nursery rhymes like that.
Y/n was humming happily to the tunes until another hallucination flooded her vision.
She could hear claws scratching at the keys, playing an off key version of "little kitty on a roof" from her previous hallucinations.
The illusion stopped once again as soon as it started, Y/n gasped as her hands smashed into a random set of keys.
"Are you ok?" Adrien asked, placing a hand on her shoulder.
Y/n took deep and controlled breaths.
"I'm fine, I'm probably just tired from the day. What day is today?" Y/n asked.
"Wednesday." Adrien replied, sounding happy he could help.
Y/n looked over at the wall in Adrien's room that was just windows and saw the sun already setting.
"I'm gonna be late for my session with Su Han!" Y/n thought frantically.
"I'm gonna take my leave now, thanks for giving me a lesson though!" Y/n smiled.
"Want me to drive you home?" Adrien asked, still looking a little concerned for Y/n.
"Nope! Your house is surprisingly very close to mine. I'll manage!" Y/n smiled, giving him a hug.
"Ok, if you're sure." Adrien hugged back.
"Bye!" Y/n waved, leaving the house.
She sped walked to a nearby ally and transformed.
She glided and swung throughout Paris remembering the location Su Han gave her.
She landed at the top of the Eiffel Tower, seeing Su Han already there.
Y/n was excited, she's trained with him twice now yes, but now she was really getting into training. With this extra help, she'd become the Ladybug she knew she could be, the ladybug she knew everybody wanted her to be.
Little did Y/n know thought, that she forgot about one little kitty who would end up patrolling tonight alone.
She's told him about Master Su Han giving her extra help and lessons but she'd always tell him in advance.
This time, she forgot.

Sorry this is a bit shorter than usual, I've just been really tired recently. Lol.
I had no idea I accidentally predicted Su Han's guilt over not helping Marinette as Ladybug either, XD
Hope you enjoyed guys!
Please let me know if I made any mistakes!
Have a blessed day/morning/night!<3