Chapter 5: Akuma

Art by: Emari_13

"You're up early." Y/n's mom commented as
Y/n trudged down the stairs.
Y/n only shrugged.
"Change is good." Y/n smiled, knowing full well she'd probably take too long getting ready the next morning again.
Y/n kissed her mom and dad goodbye and headed out the door, a small pep in her step as she made her way to school.

"You're in a good mood." Alya smiled as
Y/n took her seat next to Alya.
"It's just that kind of day." Y/n replied.
"Hey dudes, I was wondering if y'all wanted to hit the theater after school." Nino put his hands on Y/n and Alya's shoulder.
"Sounds good to me, how about you two?" Y/n asked Adrien and Alya.
"I'm up for it." Alya smiled.
"I'll have to ask my father, maybe I can convince him that I have fencing today just go with you guys instead." Adrien took his phone out.
"What is it with your father?" Y/n grimaced.
But before Adrien could reply, Mrs. Bustier walked in.

The Bell rung, signaling the start of lunch.
While Adrien and Nino went over to sit with the boys, Alya gestured Y/n over to sit with the rest of the girls.
"Why aren't we all sitting together?" Y/n asked.
Alya shrugged, a confused look playing on her face.
"Dunno, it's always been this way I guess," She replied.
"Girls, I don't believe I've introduced you guys. This is Y/n, Y/n everyone." Alya pulled out a seat for Y/n by her.
There was a round of "hellos" "sups" and other variations of "hello" as Y/n sat down.
"It's about time we got to talk to you. Sorry if you felt weirded out by us yesterday, we just didn't really know how to approach you." A girl, Rose, smiled warmly at me.
"Oh, I understand!" Y/n bubbled back, trying to match the energy of the group.
Everybody started to ask questions about Y/n, where she came from, her family, basic getting to know a person type questions.
Y/n slowly started to feel more comfortable, her tense shoulders relaxed, her posture softened, she felt content.
"Why don't we merge the table with the boys? It's be nice to get to know them too." Y/n asked around half way through lunch.
Everyone glanced at each other, nodding.
"Great idea Y/n." Alya gave her a thumbs up.
"Hey boys! Wanna merge into one table?" Alya called out to the boys table.

Eventually they all merged into one table,
Y/n ended up sitting by Rose and Adrien, she was wedged in between them, and she was facing this kid whom she learned the name was Ivan.
She really started to enjoy herself, she got to know the people she was sitting by, her mom packed her an amazing lunch today, it was as if this day couldn't possibly get any better.
And it didn't!
It got worse!
"AKUMA!" Somebody from across the lunchroom yelled.
A black butterfly with purple streaks in its wings was flapping by and emerged into the notebook a kid was holding.
He was sitting with his friends, but he looked so sad and upset.
Then, the outline of a butterfly formed around his face.
Y/n could hear the kid gasping like he was suffocating even though people running out of the room were yelling and panicking like crazy.
Then purple and black emerged around him, he transformed.
His skin was now a dark grey, his hair black, almost an obsidian color.
His outfit was a black tailcoat, with a purple shirt and slacks.
His smile was evil and mischievous as he used his one hand to raise his pencil up and his other hand to hold his notebook out.
"I am heartstone! If my heart can't be full then neither can yours!" He laughed, writing something in his notebook. Music notes surged from the book, ramming through the chest of a person who was running away. From where their heart was, stone started to encase that person, until finally, they were a statue.
"Y/n! Stop just standing there, c'mon!" Adrien yelled, grabbing her hand.
"Right, sorry!" Y/n smacked her forehead.
"This is exactly what Tikki has been talking about, I just need to find someplace to transform..." Y/n thought to herself.
"I'm gonna go this way, see if I can alert any classes who don't already know!" Y/n yelled amongst the chaos, letting go of Adrien's hand.
"Ok!" Adrien called back, running into the opposite direction.
Y/n ran into a random class that was conveniently empty, then transformed.
She ran back out, earning stares from every person she passed by.
She swung to the top of the school in the courtyard, trying to find where heartstone went.
"Enjoying the view?" Chat noir smiled, twirling his tail around his finger as he joined Y/n's side.
"I'm just trying to play it safe, this is my first mission after all." Y/n squatted down, putting her hands on her knees.
"Eh, you'll be fine." Chat shrugged.
"Easy for you to say, you've done this hundreds of times." Y/n blew a raspberry at him.
Chat blew one back.
"Found him." Chat slightly leaned over, pointing his clawed hand at the grey figure moving his way through the court yard.
"Let's roll Chat." Y/n swung down, Chat following close behind her.
"Oh, so you're the two Hawkmoth wants me to get the miraculous' from. I've seen you around, but who are you?" Heartstone pointed from Chat to Y/n.
"I'm Peonybug, and we will save you!" Y/n swung her yo-yo in a circle to the side of her, trying to show confidence.
Heartstone looked amused.
"Yeah, I don't think so." He smirked, quickly throwing music notes in Y/n and Chat's direction.
Y/n scrambled to dodge it, while Chat simply moved to the side with ease.
"Face it "Peonybug", you're just a cheap knock off of the real Ladybug." Heartstone mocked
Y/n.
By now, a small crowed of students began to form behind fallen down tables to witness Peonybug's debut.
Y/n glanced at everyone else nervously as he said those words, she could see them whispering amongst themselves, their eyes glancing at one another. A few people were even recording.
Y/n stopped swinging her yo-yo, was he right? Was she always just going to be some knock-off of the Marinette, the Ladybug everyone else knew?
Y/n started to doubt herself, she just wanted to become smaller and smaller until she eventually disappeared.
"Hey man, that was a little-"
"You know I'm right Chat Noir, I bet you hate this Peonybug, especially since you "loveeeeeeed" Ladybug." Heartstone twirled around, laughing as he did so.
As he did, he spun out more music notes in the direction of people who were surrounding Heartstone, Chat and Peonybug.
A few of them were able to run away, a lot of them started turning into stone.
And what Heartstone said seemed to have really ticked off Chat Noir.
"Let's finish this Peebs-peebs?" Chat asked, lowering his stick.
"What if he's right?" Y/n whispered softly, her yo-yo dangling lifelessly at her side.
"What if I am just a knock off of her?" Y/n started to tear up.
Chat placed his stick behind his back and walked in front of Y/n. He placed his hand on Y/n's shoulder, his other hand lifting her chin up.
"You're not her," Chat started.
Y/n's eyes dropped down, but Chat caught her gaze again.
"You're you." He finished.
Y/n softly smiled at him, sniffling and wiping her eyes.
"Thanks Chat." She whispered.
Chat smiled only to gasp afterwards, he started turning into stone.
"HEARTSTONE!" Y/n yelled at herself in her mind.
"You got this." Chat strained.
"But- I can't do this without you! I need you!" Y/n pleaded.
Chat softly nodded as the stone fully encased him.
Y/n quickly dodged to the side as Heartstone shot another wave of notes at her. 
"Lucky charm!" Y/n yelled, remembering Tikki's instructions.
What fell into her hands was a sticky snap hand that was red with black polka dots.
"Ew, why's it so sticky?" Y/n cringed.
She looked around and once her eyes landed on the notebook in Heartstone's hands, it flashed red and black.
"Oh, ok, seems simple." Y/n mumbled.
Tying the end of the snap hand onto her finger, she got close enough to Heartstone as he was walking out.
She released the snap hand onto his notebook which flew up into the air as she did so.
"HEY!" Heartstone yelled, running and jumping to try and catch his notebook.
Y/n ran towards it as well, using her agility to jump higher. She embraced the notebook in her hands, falling backwards and landing on her back.
Heartstone grabbed the other end of the notebook as soon as Y/n landed, trying to steal it back.
They looked like they were playing tug-a-war.
"Give.it.back!" Heartstone clenched his jaw.
"Over.my.dead.body." Y/n said through gritted teeth.
The notebook started to tear from the pressure of being pulled back in forth.
Finally, the notebook split in two, the momentum causing Heartstone and Y/n to fall on their backs.
"AHA!" Y/n yelled, victoriously.
"NO!" Heartstone shouted, trying to piece his notebook back together.
Y/n saw the akuma flying away, taking out her yo-yo, she captured it.
Once she released it, it was now white and pure.
"Bye bye, pretty butterfly!" Y/n smiled.
She picked up her sticky snap hand and threw it into the air.
"Miraculous Peonybug!" Y/n jumped, excited by her accomplishment.
Everywhere there was destruction, or people who turned to stone, were surrounded by waves of ladybug patterns.
Chat Noir gasped as he patted his body down.
He searched around until his eyes landed on
Y/n.
Y/n caught his stare and smiled, waving.
She walked up towards the akumatized boy.
"Wanna tell me what happened?" Y/n crouched down.
The boy hmphed at her but became less tense a second later.
"I was gonna confess to my crush through a song, but she hated it...., it was stupid anyways." The boy covered his face with his hands.
"Then she wasn't worth it." Chat commented, crouching by Y/n.
"Yeah, I'm sure your song was beautiful. And I bet, one day, you'll meet someone who will appreciate your songs." Y/n added on, placing a hand on the boy.
The boy sniffled and wiped his eyes, smiling.
"Thanks Chat Noir, Um-..." the boy trailed off, not knowing Y/n's name.
"Peonybug." Y/n smiled.
"Hey you! Ladybug girl!" Y/n heard Alya run up to her, panting.
"Alya Césaire, Ladyblog, are you the replacement Ladybug?" Alya asked, holding her phone out.
"Uh-"
"No, she's not. She's Peonybug, and she's not a replacement." Chat answered for
Y/n.
Y/n turned her head towards Chat in awe. What had suddenly changed?
"Well, Peonybug, can't wait to see what you do." Alya smiled, putting her phone away.
Y/n smiled as Alya walked away, she was about to turn towards Chat but he had already left.

"And now, here comes Chat Noir and his new partner, Peonybug, as they save the day from the first akuma attack in weeks." Nadia spoke.
Y/n spat out her snack as she watched the news. Because of the Akuma attack, Y/n, Adrien, Nino and Alya decided to reschedule for tomorrow instead.
"WHAT?!" Y/n exclaimed.
She glanced behind her, making sure her parents weren't home. Probably still at work.
"TIKKIIIIIIIII." Y/n yelled for her.
"Y/n?" Tikki floated through the ceiling.
"I'M ON TV, I'M ON TV!" Y/n jumped up and down.
"You're on the Ladyblog too." Tikki continued looking at the news.
"Really?" Y/n stared in awe.
"Congratulations Y/n!" Tikki bubbled.

"Hey Chat, can I ask you something?" Y/n asked later that night on patrol.
"Maybe, what do you wanna know?" Chat asked as they walked around the city.
"Why the sudden change? Why are you nice to me now?" Y/n asked.
Chat stopped dead in his tracks, turning to face Y/n.
"I never hated you Peebs, I just hated the idea of there being change." Chat said.
As Y/n looked at him, his eyes changed from green to blue and his mask changed to white. It was flashy and distorted, but it made Y/n shudder.
"Still hurt though." Y/n looked away, hugging herself.
"I know." Chat replied.
They continued to walk into the night, occasionally jumping from buildings to homes to save time.
They talked, they cracked jokes here and there, they continued to get to know each other.
"Bye Peebs." Chat waved after patrol.
Y/n smiled, with her yo-yo still in hand, she embraced Chat Noir.
Chat flinched, his hands arched and raised to his shoulders.
Eventually though, he hugged her back.
"Bye Chat." Y/n smiled, letting go.

Thanks for reading!
Please let me know if I made any mistakes!
Have a blessed day/morning/night!<3