Chapter 7: Je te laisserai des mots

No art today! Instead, we have music!

"Breathe in Y/n." Master Su Han instructed.
Y/n did exactly as she was told. Her eyes were blindfolded, her feet were in fighting stance, and her arms were tucked in with her fists faced upwards.
"Listen to my steps and movements, once your believe I am close to you, strike me. Rely on only your other senses." Su Han said.
And just like that, his voice disappeared along with any sound that could come from him.
Y/n raised her arms slightly, shifting her balance into a better fighting stance.
She could almost feel her ears twitch, yearning for the sound of simple movement.
Then there it was, the softest sound of a foot sliding against pavement.
Y/n thrusted her fist towards the sound, but a hand caught her fist.
"Too slow, young one." Su Han lightly chuckled, lifting Y/n up with ease using just her arm as leverage and threw her on her backside.
Y/n scrambled to get up and started to impulsively and recklessly hit the air.
"You're relying too much on impulse than instincts, use your mind, use your body." Su Han said.
Y/n listened to him, but his instructions were muffled by the sound sinister laughter.
Y/n's head darted to the sound as she lifted her blindfold up. She could hear it everywhere, she could feel him everywhere. Whoever was flooding her vision with white and blue, the one causing her the hallucinations. But why? And how did Marinette know about them? And how could Y/n stop these illusions from breaking her mind apart?!
"Y/n." Su Han said firmly.
But Y/n didn't listen, she stared off into the distance, her mind far too gone.
Su Han approached Y/n and shook her.
Y/n snapped out of her thoughts and faced Su Han.
He sighed.
"Perhaps we should end it here today, go get some rest Y/n. You never know when another Akuma might strike." Su Han lifted his hands from her shoulders.
"Thank you for the lesson Master Su Han, sorry I'm distracted." Y/n apologized, rubbing her arm.
"It's only lesson three, there are many more to learn." Su Han said, than leapt away.
Y/n swung back to her house and de-transformed.
Y/n gave Tikki a bit of her Croissant to eat as Y/n made her way back up to the balcony after going downstairs to eat some dinner she'd made the night before.
Y/n stared out, something was now bugging her mind but she couldn't quite put her finger on it.
"Hello." A familiar voice said from behind Y/n.
Y/n twirled around and yelped from the surprise.
"You have got to stop scaring me like that!" Y/n gripped at her shirt.
"Sorry, you're the only person I saw out tonight. I just didn't want to be alone." Chat sighed, sitting on the railing.
"Alone?" Y/n asked.
"Peonybug, you've seen her around by now right? We do nightly patrols together but she didn't show up to this one. She said she would have lessons with her master, Master Su Han, once every week but I don't know. Maybe she's just like the last ladybug." Chat bit his lip in thought.
Y/n's eyes widened, that's what she forgot! She forgot about Chat, about the patrol! She totally put him in the back of her mind. She felt terrible.
"Just like the last Ladybug?" Y/n questioned, almost whispering.
"She would do the same." Chat looked down, his bangs falling to cover his eyes.
"Oh Chat Noir, I'm sure she didn't mean to."
Y/n tried to cheer him up.
"Maybe, but you never know. For all I know, they're exactly the same. And one day she's going to start ignoring me, then she's going to replace me, then she's going to leave me behind just she did!" Chat broke.
His eyes widened as he realized what he blurted out, what his true fears were.
Y/n put a hand to her mouth, horrified at how he felt all this time, at how Marinette treated him.
"He really does care about me?" Y/n thought.
She grabbed his hand and patted the back of his other hand with her other.
"Do you want some chocolate croissants? I have some left overs downstairs." Y/n offered.
"I don't know if that's such a good idea. I still have patrol, I don't want to intrude, and we technically barely know each other-,"
"Trust me, food always helps." Y/n smiled, leading him down the balcony stairs, into her room, and downstairs to the kitchen.
Y/n sat him down and went to the pantry for a few croissants and chocolates to melt.
"They should be ready in a few minutes." Y/n smiled as she melted the chocolate.
Chat Noir hummed in response but his mind was elsewhere, his eyes were staring at something else.
Y/n heard the terrible sound of chair being dragged through the floor.
"Chat, what are you-?" Y/n stopped as she saw Chat Noir seated at the piano near her living room.
Her dad used to love to play piano, but with her parents gone all the time for business, it's just been sitting there, collecting dust.
"You know how to play?" Y/n set the chocolate croissants down, walking towards Chat.
"I dabble." Chat smiled as he played a few notes.
Still perfectly tuned, almost like it was waiting for the right person to come by and play it once again.
Chat started to play as song, a beautiful melody.
As Chat played, he started to hum and vocalize.
Y/n was enthralled, she was mesmerized by his singing and piano skills.
She lurked closer and placed her hand gently by the lid of the piano, her other hand on her heart.
Maybe, just maybe if her hand stayed on her heart, it would slow its rapid beating.
Chat continued to vocalize and his voice was angelic. It was crisp and clear, almost addictive.
If Y/n could choose just one thing to live off of, it'd be Chat's voice, it was beautiful.
Chat's hands moved gracefully and elegantly on the keys.
Finally, Chat started to sing words.
"Je te laisserai des mots
En-dessous de ta porte
En-dessous de les murs qui chantent
Tout près de la place où tes pieds passent
Cachés dans les trous de ton divan
Et quand tu es seule pendant un instant"
He slowly picked up the pace and loudness of the piano, his eyes looking down at the keys with a soft smile playing at his face.
After what felt like an eternity of bliss, his movements slowed and so did the piece he was playing.
"Ramasse-moi
Quand tu voudras, Ramasse-moi Quand tu voudras, Ramasse-moi Quand tu voudras." Chat finished.
Y/n's eyes must've been sparkling, her heart was warmed and her cheeks were a deep blush of admiration.
She had almost forgotten how to breath, she took in a shaky sigh.
"Chat...that was...enchanting." Y/n almost stuttered, struggling to find the right words to describe what she had witnessed.
"Really? Thank you." Chat beamed at her, causing Y/n to blush harder.
"Anybody you were thinking about while singing that song? You seemed very um- in the zone." Y/n sat next to him, making a half rectangle shape with her hands.
Chat looked down at the keys a bit and shrugged.
"I don't know yet, we'll see." Chat smiled, looking back at Y/n.
It was silent for the next few seconds.
Y/n's breath hitched when she realized how close the two of them were.
"So, how about those croissants?" Y/n said, slowly.
"Oh yes, yes." Chat lightly chuckled as he got up from his seat.
Y/n followed after him and they ate with some upbeat chatter for the next half hour.
After Chat left, Y/n's heart was beating wildly as she watched him practically fly away.
"I must say, I was quite mesmerized by Chat's performance. I never knew he could play piano!" Tikki flew up in front of Y/n.
"Neither did I." Y/n breathed.
Tikki stared at Y/n and smiled, but it looked almost sad.
"I'm gonna head for bed Y/n. When you're done making googly eyes at the night, I'll be in your room." Tikki giggled, disappearing under the floor.
Then it finally hit Y/n, was she- did she- like him?
Of course she liked him, but did she like like him?
Y/n looked harder in the distance and decided yes, she was head over heels in love with him.

Thanks for reading you guys!
I won't be uploading for awhile, my family and I are going on vacation!
Just a heads up! I'll be back soon and so I wanted to end it on a happy note before I take my little break lol.
Hope you enjoyed!
Please let me know if I made any mistakes!
Have a blessed day/morning/night!<3