2

Avery let's go to the cemetery. Your dad and sisters are there. I cannot believe it's been a year already. I know Jackson we still miss Remi.

We leave in my car and Jackson drives his pickup to the cemetery. We arrive and our close friends and family our here.

Lisa places the flowers on his grave marker and removes the old one.. Avery speaks for a few and we cry and pray.

Babe I am taking the day off with you. I wish I could but Bailey has me booked for a Texas ranger undercover at her place I am teaching her. Jackson please be careful. I will. Thanks for letting her stay with us. You have a crush on her.

He smiles and leaves.
Auntie how dangerous is this for Jackson? Very but he is wearing a vest and has a excellent partner with him. They will be okay tomorrow. The sooner this over the better . I hope the governor doesn't give his wife a pardon. We can only hope not. It will look bad if he does. We can than celebrate in Lodi. It's sad they broke their engagement. Lisa it happens. True but none of have seen her so happy before.

We all leave the cemetery to go to our homes or work.

Nia you are going to practice on Frankie

Nia you are going to practice on Frankie. Don't you hurt me. Remember you will be one of my detectives after this is over with. Yeah Walker isn't happy nor are my partner and co workers. Sydney you ready for tomorrow?Sydney hello. Oh sorry stoll get use to the name. Nina you need not to forget your name.They only know Jackson is bringing a coworker named Sydney Cooke.
Nia this is my aunt Lisa. Nice to meet you.How are you enjoying staying with Harris gals and Jackson? I love it.I still cannot believe they offered my daughter and sister to live with them. I just hope my daughter doesn't bring memories of missing their son. It still hurts them as it does many of us but Jackson says your daughter is fifteen so there is an age difference. You will meet everyone else on Saturday. It can be overwhelming but were a close group. Yes, I see that with the people coming by and the photos of others besides the Harris.
Auntie don't go hurting your back again. Please call us if you and Auntie Kiki needs help moving her sculptures. Lisa I will write number down for you. Please call me if you need help. I will be busy on Friday picking up my vehicle but after that for two weeks, I am available. I don't start with your nephew until than. Frankie you treat her right. Yes auntie.
My auntie Gloria leaves. Antonio walks out aunt out.

Antonio she seems to be a nice girl for Jackson. He hasn't asked her out yet. He's waiting until after tomorrow to ask her. He doesn't want to mix business and he's hoping a future with her. I hope it works out. His last fiancé and friends were assess. Auntie yes even though it's true.

I close the door and my aunt starts her car and leaves.

Sydney you got this down. Tonight let's go to Blazers it's open mic night and you said you like to sing. Okay let's finish up here . I have to brief the police commissioner on tomorrow than we can go.

I take three hours
and we finally leave.
We go back to the house and shower. Jackson wants to drive. Jackson leaves a note for Avery and Lisa to join us at Blazers. Nia is going to perform as Sydney Cooke.

 Nia is going to perform as Sydney Cooke

We leave and arrive at Blazers.

We ordered our food along with Lisa and Avery's

We ordered our food along with Lisa and Avery's. They show up and we eat our dinner.

Everyone as you know it's open mic night. Please everyone welcome Sydney Cooke all the way from Texas to sing for us.

Wow, Jackson she can sing. She dances too. Excuse me while I ask her to slow dance. Go get em tiger. Thanks Lisa.

I get up and ask Nia if she liked to dance with me. She agrees but asks for a bottle of water first. She drinks it or more like guzzles it and I laugh. We are dancing when we see Jennifer and Gavin Newsom come in with body guards. They come up to us.

Jackson this must be Sydney Cooke? Yes. Sydney. Avery and Lisa this is governor Gavin Newsom and his lovely wife Jennifer.

Hello Avery and Lisa

Hello Avery and Lisa. It's nice to meet you Sydney. Jackson told us you might be singing tonight. We heard you when we drove up. You have a beautiful voice Thank you governor. Please call me Gavin. We will sew you two tomorrow. Avery and Lisa it's always good to see you.

The Newsom's sit by us..Jennifer excuses herself and goes to the women's restroom.

Excuse me Jackson. I need to use the ladies room.
Nia gets up and follows Jennifer.. Jennifer passes an envelope from.her purse to another lady in the bathroom.. Its very discreet and the lady opens it up. She tells Jennifer she expect the rest of the payment before tomorrow at noon or it won't occur. I go in the restroom stall to use it and take my cell out to text Frankie. Frankie they are here. I am sending you a photo of the lady at Blazers in the restroom. Please have someone pick her up. Will do. You just in the right place at the right time. I didn't know until a few minutes ago.

I put my cell away and flush the toilet. Jennifer had left the restroom..I take my cell out and use q sanitizing wipe to clean it after I wash my hands.

I text Jackson I am ready to go but we are to wait until a car arrests the lady that was in the restroom with Jennifer. I told him I sent the photo to Avery.

Okay will wait for you. They are ready to go too but will wait just in case there is a problem.
We see Jennifer upset when she sees the lady get arrested.

Gavin we need to leave now. Jennifer I not done with my dinner. We can get it to go. Let's go. Yes dear.

Gavin asks the writer for his plate and his wife's to be placed to go. He pays the bill in cash with a nice tip.