15

Several days passed. I was ending my first week as a Sacramento police detective. I was enjoying Sacramento . My daughter was doing well making money buying a few things but saving the most for college. Today was fourth of July and we went to Penelope Cruz home for a fun filled day of food and relaxation in her backyard or their boat that Rony was steering  Jackson and I were on the seados. We came back to her home to allow others to ride.  They had a live band and everyone brought food and beverages.

Nia are you gonna go up there with Kiki, Maura and Jane singing .Jackson none of us have practiced.None of us care about that mama. Just have fun.

I look at my daughter and go to the stage they had set up.  We sang a few songs some we had to fake the words,since some new the words and others didn't. I finally gave up when Jane decided to sing to Maura a beautiful song on how she met her and the ups and downs but how they  move forward and stronger with their love.  The band finally stopped and it was karaoke.  Jackson tried and he was so out of tune but enjoyed himself and that was the most important thing. Javier sang a song to Penelope in Spanish which was so lovely.  Sienna and I explained to Jackson and a few others the lyrics.
Penelope hugged him and cried.

This day was a huge success.  Everyone who drank too much was driven home  by a limousine bus and their vehicles towed to their home that Javier picked up the tab which ended being Katelyn and Rony, Yilena qhe and Beth, Joey and Izzy, Severide and Stella, Halle and Mandi as well as Simon and Chris.

Babe did you enjoy yourself.  YES UNTIL CHRIS PUKED OB ME. I WAS JUST GLAD I DROVE AND HAD EXTRA CLOTHES WITH ME.. Jackson you did look funny when he did..Your reaction was priceless. She is right babe.  The good thing  is that Penelope had my clothes washed.a dried..We all chipped in to clean up afterwards  .Mama I am beat night. 
She kissed and hugged me than did the same with Jackson..The four us were caught off guard because she never had done this before.  Thus is when I new he was the right man to be a father to my daughter.

Avery I know you practice criminal law but please have your firm do adoption papers for Jackson. We both have talked about.  We are not going to get married. She  has been this close to someone who I have dated. Sure will do as long as she is okay with it. I will be right back.

I knocked on my daughter's door. Come in mama. How did you know it was me? The way you knocked  mama.
Sweetie Jackson and I have been talking about our family.. He would like to.adopt you as his daughter.  Mama are you getting married? No we will continue to live together as boyfriend and girlfriend. Will that make a difference? No I was just hoping.  He understands why I don't want do marry for the third time.. Only this time if you agree you will take his name too.

Hmm Sienna Peeples Johnson.  I like the sound of it. Yes Mama do I call him dad?

Jackson knocked on the door that was ajar..
Sienna you can call me whatever you want just not late for dinner.  Jackson very funny.  You know I like your cooking better than mine. I  think I will continue with Jackson until I may call you dad-pops-papa-padre-fathwr- or daddy down the road..I  would be honored to be your father to you... Mama and Jackson yes.

My mother cried a little while Jackson picked me up,, hugged me and kissed me good night. We a hugged and I told her Avery would have her firm start the legal petition for Jackson to become my father.
She said goodnight and nodded off to sleep while. Jackson and I  hugged and looked at her before we left her bedroom.