When One Life Ends, Another Begins

A/N: WARNING: character death, mentions and details of child neglect, abuse, bullying, torture and the like ahead. You have been warned...

1st Person POV, Melodia

My name was Mizumi Yagi. At least in my previous life before I got reborn, or more appropriately isekai'd, in another world after I died at a young age. The girl named Izumi had died the day her brother and best friend more or less killed her.

When I was just a girl, I thought I had it figured out. Despite being a "surprise" baby being born alongside my twin brother Izuku (somehow I have escaped the notice of the doctor who had identified my mother's pregnancy), I thought everything was going to be fine. I was foolishly optimistic.

Unfortunately, that was not the case. I'm not entirely sure how I'd even fooled myself even at the age of four years old. It was on the day of my fourth birthday that I learned the hard way that if you fail to awaken a supernatural power, aka a Quirk, you are immediately condemned to a lifetime of discrimination and misery. Plus social and emotional banishment from your own family and friends.

Not that I really had any friends anyway. Not of the human variety anyway. I always liked animals more than people, honestly. Which might have had me ostracized from others even at a young age. That and I was a bit of a nerd, preferring books over people as well. Even the neighborhood strays were better company than the kids my age. Something about being around animals felt more genuine than being with people. They were to easy to figure out, like mathematic formulas. People were more complicated. Corrupt, even.

My brother's best friend, Katsuki Bakugo, may have shown interest in me at one point, but I always felt something was not right with him, like he wasn't showing his true colors, which rubbed me the wrong way. Which led to me trying to avoid him at all costs as I couldn't sit next to him without my instincts telling me to either take him out or make a run for it, if not both. But more times than not, I was forced to hang out with him and my brother during their playdates. Bakugo would always try to make me out to be the "damsel in distress" in their roleplays of heroes versus villains or the like, which I did not like. But since my parents expected me to get along with my mother's best friend's kid, I merely tolerated his presence.

However, after going to the doctor to get our Quirks identified, Bakugo changed and not for the better. Same with Izuku as he got my mother's Quirk, if not more powerful than hers.

Friends, family, teachers, and everyone in between turned on me, their fangs sharp and glistening with foam at the mouth.

With that, this was how I had the manifesto "All Men are not created equal" forever hammered into my head.

By the age of ten, I had multiple bleeding wounds and severe burns of varying degrees upon my underdeveloped body, all of which was caused by my peers who wanted to bolster their egos.

I was starving as it had been many days since my last meal, and that's if you were an optimist, as it was nothing but stale bread crusts and the droppings off the oven grates as my parents had stopped feeding me, much less caring for my well-being, thus my undersized and malnourished body. I was treated lower than a slave in my own home, forced to do chores around the house and if there was even a speck of dust or the like left behind, I would be beaten by my father as my mother yelled at me for my screwup.

After being cornered in the schoolyard by Bakugo and his lackeys, I decided to run away and never return home (I couldn't even stomach calling it that as it became more of a prison).

I really hope he goes to hell, along with my family, and be tortured for all eternity. If anyone deserves it, it is those bastards who have hurt me and left me for dead. And many say that betrayal is one of the gravest sins that cannot be forgiven. Why else did Judas Iscariot end up in the innermost part of hell in Dante's Inferno?