Auction X Event (Part One)

First Person POV, Melodia

I received intel from my benefactor Togami about an "interesting" underground auction featuring "exotic animals" and priceless artifacts and stones. Normally, such things wouldn't interest me, but my gut told me not to pass this up. And as a Hunter, trusting your gut is your best weapon, more powerful than any firearm in existence. After running it by Interpol, they gave me the go-ahead to go to the location and investigate. My boss Togami have already procured me an invitation and my cover is that I'm going in his stead. He also said to "knock myself out" if I want any items that stood out to me and don't spare a single expense. Even better, I can keep them add them to whatever collection I had in my possession. He didn't need to say anymore to convince me. I also got the clearance from Interpol to have the people masterminding this underground operation arrested once it concludes.

I took one of the private jets to the location, courtesy of my benefactor, and it wasn't before long that I was walking to the secret location located in an alleyway with a concealed door.

I deemed it best to leave Meema Zoroark and Lil Brother back at the hotel we were holing up at. I had a bad feeling, just like back at the Yorknew City Auction. The last thing I wanted was Meema to cause unneeded collateral in the event she sees something that will most assuredly piss her off.... That was bad the first time it happened....

I have donned my undercover outfit with bindings on my chest to hide my feminine figure (I can look rather adrognymous when my "assets" are hidden enough) as to not get into any trouble with any possible perverts as I really did not feel up to neutering anyone as it is. I also wore my Baneful Fox mask to cover my identity. While back in Japan that would have been a huge tip off to anyone that I'm part of the underworld's police team, here on this side of the world, it means nothing. Let's just say having Interpol plus other government agencies on your side has it's advantages.

Looking around to make sure no one was tailing me, I gave three distinct knocks, making someone open a slot in the door, their eyes looking right at me.

"Password?"

"Allons-y, Joker's Wild." I stated my personalized password for the event. The slot slid shut, before the door opened to let me in. Being led down a series of hallways, I was finally shown the room where the auction is taking place.

"Reminds me of the Greed's Island Auction...." I began to reminisce the good old days when I was traveling with Gon and Killua. I felt my throat close up at the thought of them. Man, I missed those two, even if Killua can be a brat sometimes. He was basically my brat as I have adopted the big sister/motherly figure to both him and Gon, like I have with Sabi and Lian, the youngest wardens of the Diamond and Pearl Clans.

I hope they are okay....

I pulled my Teleportation badge out of my pocket to look at it, before my fist closed around it tightly.