Raiding X Overhaul's X Base

(Author's note: Has anyone realized how much Anabel looks so much like Kyoko Kirigiri?)

First Person POV, Melodia

"So you're the one who dropped the wasp down Overhaul's pants by taking something of great value to him."

We sat in my bedchambers back at my island home; I invited Kyoko over as she implored to be part of my gang after I revealed to her the details of Nen and how she had the potential to wield it as well given her performance at the entrance exam.

Our partnership had evolved to where we are now on a first-name basis, as she requested that I call her by her first name rather than her surname some time back.

Now we were talking about the Overhaul case, where I told her how I basically pissed him and his group off by taking Eri from him and killed his right hand man Chronostasis.

"Yes. I took his quote-unquote daughter from him and his production on the Quirk-erasing bullets have been slowed down quite drastically. There is still the issue of Trigger, but given that I have taken his precious cash cow and one of his Eight Precepts of Death is now dead, he's probably in a tizzy." I said all of this with a nonchalant face that even put her own stony expression to shame, which she noticed.

"You say that pretty casually for one who had pissed off a powerful yakuza group.." she sweatdropped.

"Trust me when I say that I have dealt with scarier things than that plague doctor wannabe." I shrugged indifferently. "It'll take more than that group to intimidate me."

Lucario then entered the room with a message. "The Lady has returned to the premises."

Meaning that Cogita had returned from the mainland from her "shopping trip." Between her and Junko, this woman is a fashionista in her own right. And I haven't forgotten all of the times she had dressed me up like a doll when she first adopted me, and when she picked me up to take me to her place in England, she made sure that I wasn't short on clothes, especially since the Yagis couldn't be bothered to get me the right clothes for me.

"Very well," I answered him. "As you were, Lucario." He bowed to me (much to my chagrin) before he left, but not before taking a moment to assess my new friend Kyoko, before continuing on.

Kyoko's eyebrow raised as she turned back to me and ask, "'Lady?'"

"That would be my mother in all but blood, Cogita." I responded, my tone nothing short of utmost respect for the one who had saved me, not once, but perhaps twice, already. "You'll meet her shortly. Fair warning, she may go crazy on you and have you try on many outfits..."

Kyoko wasn't sure of what to make of it, but there was no delaying the inevitable as I lead the way out of my room and headed down to the entrance to greet the royal advisor of my court.

"Welcome home, Mother," I dipped my head at her as she entered the entrance corridor.

"Hello, my sweet," she smiled at me indulgently before she swept me into a hug, some of the knights setting down her boxes, no doubt full of the purchases she made during her "day out."

"Mooommm!!" I complained as she hugged me, my face getting smushed into her bosom.

"Give mother a hug, sweet..." She pretended to not hear my embarrassed complaints.

"Mom! You're messing up my hair!!" I complained, as she ran her gloved hands through my mint-colored locks.

After a few minutes of her smothering me, I finally was allowed out of her grasp. I took a few minutes to catch my breath before turning back to Kyoko, who had a bit of a blush but she seemed to be smirking at my expense.