Fall Special: Ib

1st Person POV, Melodia

"Volo," I spoke in a hesitant tone, "what exactly am I looking at?"

"A brochure," he answered nonchalantly.

I huffed in exasperation. "I already knew that, smartass. But what does it have to do with me?"

"I want you to do me a favor..." He began.

"There it is."

"I want you," he began oblivious to my thoughts, "to check this museum out."

"But why me?" I questioned. "Why can't you do it? This feels like your thing to do, especially when your playing hooky with the Gingko Guild..."

"About that..." He rubbed the back of his head.

I sighed. "Lemme guess, Ginter finally caught you."

Volo ran a hand through his hair. "Yeah...." he admitted with reluctance.

I sighed, running a hand through my hair. It was bound to happen at some point, I guess.

"Okay. I'll check the place out for you. But," I held up a hand at his excited expression. "You'll have to give me and the girls a ride to the place. And you're paying for our admission fees to get in."

It only took him a second to consider my condition.

"You got a deal, little sis."

And so that's how me, Kyoko, Higana, Oume, Omatsu, and Otake were all crammed into a minivan Volo managed to convince the court's mechanic, Souda Kazuichi, to let him borrow for this trip.

And as promised, Volo got the six of us tickets to get us admitted to the museum.

Speaking of, Volo was dressed casually to blend in with the crowd, as his Gingko Guild outfit would have attracted unwanted attention.

Admittedly, his outfit did garner attention, but not in a bad way, per se. If only going by the longing looks of some nearby pedestrians, most of them female.

He paid no heed to the stares, though as he turned to the six of us.

"Here you girls go," he said as he handed us our passes to go inside the museum. "As you requested, the Triad will be on standby should anything happen, and Yukizome-san and Tojo-san are keeping an eye on the kids back at your place and make sure those simpletons are kept away from them. Cogita plans to come by later for her afternoon tea. Call us or any of the members of the court should you need backup."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Otake piped up, waving a hand dismissively, "we get the gist, slacker boy, we got this down to a T, even the newbie here," she added, jabbing a thumb in Kyoko's direction.

I gave a reprimanding tap on her shoulder as Kyoko only rolled her eyes a little at Otake's remark.

"Duly noted," I said in response to Aniki's words. While it may seem like overkill to have the Triad alone nearby, we can't take any chances, especially given that ever since we stormed Overhaul's base and laid waste to his admins, he's gone into radio silence. Something about that rankled me, keeping me on guard.