Chapter 1

Ellie Pov

Not to long ago my mother passed away due to a bombing a few weeks ago. Ever since the bombing I have been living with my grandfather (Diggory Kirke). I have to live with my Grandfather because my father is off fighting in the war.

I am currently in bed deciding if I want to get up or not because today is my mothers funeral. To bad my dad can't be there too. After about an hour of just laying in bed Mrs. Macready comes in my room.

"Ellie you have to get up and get ready," she said in a gentle tone.

While stuck in my thoughts, I get up and go to my bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. I decided to wear my dark blue almost black dress.

After eating breakfast I grabbed my book, and we got on the carriage and started the antagonizing ride. No one talked making it even worse but when we crossed the bridge I started to zone out, watching as the world went by. I have been zoning out a lot lately because its hard to concentrating on everything else but my mothers death. By the time I finally snapped back into reality we were there and it was time for the hardest time of my life.

There were lilacs (my mother's favorite flower) everywhere. There wasn't many people there, but all of the closest people to my mom were there. While everyone was talking I just sat there staring at nothing in particular. I was getting really annoyed because every other person kept coming up to me, when I wanted to be alone, saying how sorry they are for my loss. Then my grandfather came up to me.

"Hey, you want to get home?"

"Yeah," I said.

And I'm so thankful for that, so we left. Instead of zoning out like I usually would, I pointed out as many plants as I could, which was a lot. She also pointed out what was poisonous and what wasn't.

When we got home I went to my favorite place in the whole world. The library. I like to read a lot. It helps me relax when I'm stressed out or just need to calm down. I've been reading my book for a couple hours when Mrs. Macready came in.

"The professor would like to see you. It's important so hurry up."

"Ok, I'll be right there,"

When I got to his study I knocked on the door. And heard a little "Come in". So I opened the door to see my grandfather sitting down in a chair by the fireplace. He motioned me to sit down in the other chair.

"I would like to talk to you about something," he said.

"What is it? Is it bad," I questioned.

"No but there is a chance we are going to be housing some children for a while. Just until the war calms down." He said it nervously. Probably because I don't like to talk to people so much.

"Ok. I don't really care. I will probably just stay in the library and my room most the time."

"Ok, good. I just wanted to inform you so you don't get interrupted if some other children show up."

And with that I left to go read. I read for hours and ended up falling asleep in the library.

—— —— —— —— —— —— —— —— —— ——
Sorry this chapter is short. The chapters length is going to depend on how long each point of view is.