Chapter 2

Peter Pov

I woke up to the sound of sirens. Specifically attack sirens. Everyone was running around grabbing stuff. I see mom pull Edmund away from the window.

"Edmund get away from the window," she scolded him.

I got up to get everyone else up too so we can get to the shelter. I grab what I need and everyone is running off to the shelter. We were half way there when Edmand ran back into the house. Mom was helping Susan and Lucy into the shelter.

"Come on Ed!" I shouted at him. He ran off back into the house.

"Edmund!" Mom yelled.

"I'll get him!"

When we got into the house again Edmund ran to the living room grabbing a picture of our father. I tackled Edmund to the ground right as a bomb dropped. The window broke and glass was everywhere.

We were able to get out of the house and started running to the shelter. When we got there Edmund fell on the small bed clutching the picture frame. Susan and Lucy screamed when we entered.

"Why can't you do as your told," I shouted at him.

I turned back around to shut the shelter door. Edmund was crying while mom comforted him. We had to wait until it was safe. After hours of waiting we went to sleep. I woke to mom telling everyone to wake up.

Time Skip

When we got up we packed clothes and headed to the train station. We put our tags on our coats and got our tickets. Mom said goodbye and hugged my siblings. Although Edmund just turned away. Then she came to me.

"I want your to promise me that you will look after them."

"I will mom," I said hugging my mom.

"Ok bye."

"Bye," I said letting go of her.

The train horn sounded and we were on our way to the train. I was holding Lucy's hand with Susan and Edmund in front.

When we were almost on the train I saw some soldiers walking down the platform. I must have been starring for a while because Susan looked irritated at me.

"Peter," she said. Ripping the tickets out of my hands to give to the lady.

After the man checked mine and Lucy's tags we got on the train. We got on and stuck our heads out the window to see our mom one last time for a while.

The train left the station and we went to look for a seat for the next couple of hours. We ended up in a compartment with two boys. I helped Lucy and Susan put there luggage on the rack and tried to help Edmund but he didn't want it.

The boys in our compartment already got off on there stop. We waited for the time we were to get off, but after about 2 hours we came to our stop.

We hauled our luggage on the platform and the train left. When we here a car coming up the rode we grabbed our bags and raced down the platform steps.

Unfortunately it didn't slow down and kept driving. The next thing we hear is hooves hitting the ground and a horse and carriage pulls in front of us.

"Mrs. Macready?" I questioned nervously.

"This is it? You didn't bring anything else?" She asked

"No, ma'am," I replied.

Then she nodded her head to the back of the carriage. We put all of our stuff in and I helped everyone in, except Edmund of course.

It took about half an hour to even see the house. It was huge we couldn't believe it.