CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

2 years later..

I sighed as I pick the scattered toys from the floor. I close my eyes when I heard my 2 years old  and very strict daughter wailing at the kitchen.

"Three points for Davin Ravena!". Napailing ako when I heard that mocking voice of Davin.

Sumilip ako mula sa living room,I saw how Deila look at her kuya dangerously while wiping her tears.

"Okay! Okay! Three Points for Deila Ravena". takot niyang bawi.

I sighed and put the toys I'm holding on the basket.

"Okay stop that. Let's go?". I said seriously.

"Davin Forth,Deila Isabel to the car". I saw the two gulped.

They already know that they committed something bad when I call them by their full names.

They went to the car silently and politely. I saw Davin carry his sister so Deila can get in the car. Siya na din ang nag-seatbelt sa Kapatid niya.

"Mom. Do you need help with the laundry?". I wanna laugh when Davin ask that.

He's just wanna start a conversation and know the mistake they made. I'm somehow thankful that after all these years,they grew up with only the 3 of us they're still willing to help me up.

I sighed.

"Yes,you can help me hang it outside later". Sagot ko,I saw Davin smile at me then he suddenly kissed my cheek before going back to his seat and hold his sister's hand.

"And mom,I am fully responsible for the scattered toys earlier. Kasi Deila wanted to play basketball I can't let her play alone because she might hurt herself. But promise mommy I'll keep our toys next time. Hindi na po maulit". I nodded my head and smile. Davin and his tagalog.

Napangiti ako when I look them through the mirror. Gosh,my trophies! I'm more than a champion in life when I have them. They're totally pulling me up when I feel like going down.

It's been 2 years since that night happened,the night when I totally understand that life is all about giving your all,losing your all but still want to give. That night that I chose Thirdy's dreams. Because for me choosing his dreams is still choosing him.

I don't know what happened when I left Philippines and decided to stay in Macau. I give birth to Deila at California then decided to stay here since it's already summer. I just want some fresh air. New environment and some new things that the kids can try on.

Even on my graduation day I didn't go because that was the same day of my flight. Deila is a premature baby,maybe because of the stress that's why she wanted to come out earlier. Maybe Deila couldn't take the pain I'm feeling when I left Thirdy. Kahit anong pilit kong ipaintindi sa sarili kong mas makabubuti yun para samin mas lamang pa rin ang sakit.

And believe me or not,I'm thankful na hindi na siya naghabol,dahil alam kong sa oras na gawin niya yun mas mahihirapan lang ako. I sighed as I look at kids they're enjoy the view outside. I'm gonna take them to the supermarket with me because we're running out of stock. The struggle of having kids and raising them alone is real. But because I love what I'm doing kaya kinakaya ko.

I parked at the nearest spot I saw. 

I sighed when I finally settled the car. I get my bag and went out to open the door for the kids. Nakangiti sila when I opened the door kaya kumunot ang noo ko.Lumabas agad si Davin dala ang bag ni Deila.

''What's with face people?''. I asked.

''Because the sticker says "keep smiling". Davin answered as I unbuckle Deila from her seat.