CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

Davin is carrying Deila while I hold the two paperbags on my arms. I'm watching Davin and how he struggled on holding his sister.

"We good Davin?". I asked him

With a hardship visible on his face, he look back at me and smile a bit.

"Of course mom". I nod my head.

This boy,he is such a fighter. He always endure everything. Kahit alam kong hirap na hirap na siya,he would never give up,tyatyagain niya until he succeed. One thing I really love about him.

I am holding the keys of the house already so it would be easier for me to unlock the door. Natigilan ako when it opened by itself. Kinabahan ako. Is this some kind of akyat bahay incident?

"Mom,is our door magical now?". I looked down to Davin who's now hiding on my back,nakasilip lang siya.

"Magic?". Tanong ni Deila and poked my butt because she's facing it.

"Shh,I don't know". I gulped and open the door wider.

My eyes widened when it revealed my whole family. My cousins from California,from Philippines and my parents.

"Surprised!". Late nilang sigaw.

My face crumple as I shook my head.

"More on like scaring us?". Patanong na sabi ni Davin and step inside the house.

"Hi Lola!". Bati niya.

"Oh my apos! I miss the both of you so much". Emotional na sabi ni mama and emotionally hugged the two.

Deila as always would look everyone around her innocently. She would smile and that made her look exactly her father. I sighed.

What does he mean 'see you later'?

Wait.. is he???

I look around and intently stare at everyone's face but there's no Moreno na matangkad that I saw. I sighed. Me and my false hope once again.

I closed my eyes and when I opened it I walk into the kitchen and put the things we bought.

"How's life Beadel?". I look back and smile at Dad.

"Still fine. Kaya pa". I answered.

He smile a bit and walk to me. As he reach on my side he hugged me and kiss my head.

"Hayst,what did I do that you end up in this?..". My forehead creased as I look up to him.

"What? Dad what are saying ba?". Even though I know what he's talking about I still play innocent.

"You know.. this is not. . Anyway I'm just worried about you. Alam kong nahihirapan ka dito. Given na wala kang katulong. Why don't you come home to the Philippines?". My eyes widened.

And I laugh hard.

"Wow Dad. The last time I checked you were blocking all the chances you get just to stop me from booking a flight back sa Pilipinas. Now you're inviting me?". He sighed.

"It's okay now. He's going to Japan for another league". Seryoso niyang sabi.

"You're really serious about keeping us away from him. Dad,he's the father of my children". I said and hope that would lighten his mind.

His forehead creased.

"Let's not talk about it. I'll book a flight for you and the kids. You're coming with us". He said with finality in his voice.

I sighed and nod my head before looking away. Dad also went back to the living room to talk to my titos. The thought of coming back to the Philippines brings back the feeling when I had to go home to the Philippines from California. There's a little excitement with nervousness all over my body.