6. Euphoria High

A couple days had passed since we first moved

A couple days had passed since we first moved. We had time to settle in and get acquainted with the area. My family were mostly free in the morning. It's only later in the day when they are on the phone taking business calls before they would eventually step out for some business at night. I wouldn't really see them until the next morning.

This weekend Estelle and I went sightseeing around the area to get more acquainted. We went into the shopping district and we found some pretty cute finds at a thrift store.

Tomorrow was our first day of senior year at our new high school, Westmont High. Mom went over to the school already and did the paperwork for us to be transferred there. Estelle says she's actually quite excited to go to this new school. I for one know I'm nervous as fuck.

Every movie or show I've seen based in California, shows the girls as snobs and the guys as douchebags. If this school is anything like that school in Euphoria.... Bitch you better be joking.

My plan is to just lay low and pray that this year goes by as quick as possible.

~

My alarm woke me up at 7 AM and I immediately turned it off before rolling over, desperately trying to go back to sleep. I was so close to drifting back asleep before Estelle burst into my room and started to jump on my bed.

"Wake up bitch, it's the first day of school!" She yelled excitedly as she continued to jump on my bed.

"You know I've watched a lot of crime documentaries so I'm 90% confident I can get away with murder" I grumbled.

She rolled her eyes but hopped off my bed, "Now who would've thought we'd live to see the day where I would be the one nagging you to get up. Get your ass up!" she smirked before leaving my room.

I rolled my eyes, muttering about the insignificance of education while walking to my bathroom to get ready. After doing my business and showering, I wrapped myself in my towel before walking to my sink to brush my teeth.

I took time to look at myself in the mirror, anxiety washed through me at the thought of being perceived by people. As I moisturized myself, I cataloged my body. I was about 5'6 according to my doctor, with deep brown skin. I had minimal curves to my body. When I say minimal, I mean almost nonexistent. I had like no boobs but I thank the Lord everyday for the little hips and ass I had.  Siri, play Legs, Hips, Body by Kandi Burruss

After I was done, I just did my normal skin routine, not even bothering with makeup.

I walked into my closet and spent like 5 minutes deciding on what to where. The weather was on the chillier side today so I chose to wear a skirt with tights along with one of the sweaters I bought at the thrift store. I paired this with some black Doc Martens.

 I paired this with some black Doc Martens