21. POV: It's the Morning After

I woke up the morning feeling almost

I woke up the morning feeling almost...rested. Last night was the first time I've ever slept for more than 4 hours, since I turned 16.

I looked down beside me to see Naomi's sleeping body pressed into mine, her arm wrapped tightly around my torso. I would've teased her when she woke up for breaking her "no funny business" rule, but I noticed my arms tightly held her waist as well. I inhaled deeply, letting her lavender and vanilla scent empower all my senses.

Her arms slightly gripped tighter around me and my body automatically stiffened. For as long as I've ever remembered, I've always hated physical touch. Growing up, no caregiver could ever hold me down without a fight. My father would never give me hug or a pat on the back. He just never did and moreover, I would never let him.

But every time she touched me, I swear a ripple of fire burns through every vein in my body. My mind was swirling with inappropriate thoughts as our bodies were pressed against each other. Imagining her under me as I kissed every inch of her smooth, curvy body...

I mentally groaned. What is she doing to me?

I sighed deeply before carefully extracting myself from her warm arms, and making my way to my shower.

I turned on the hot water, stripped, and stepped in, letting the steaming overhead water pour over my body. My tense muscles slightly relaxed at the contact.

The only words I can describe the last 12 hours was: fucking unpredictable.

I was stunned when I saw her wide eyes look at mine after I had killed that unworthy fuck who stole money from me. Out of all the places she could be, of course she'd be in the same alleyway. What are the fucking odds.

The world shattered when I saw the look on her face. The look of utter fear in her eyes as she watched me murder someone in cold blood. Life started to go in slow motion as I rushed to catch her before she hit her head on the ground from fainting.

3 hours she was passed out. It felt like I couldn't breathe for 3 whole hours.

After bringing her to my room, I didn't know what to say, or do, as I waited for her to awake. For the first time ever, I was a nervous fucking wreck.

You wouldn't believe how relieved I felt when she abruptly sat up on the bed. Like the relieved idiot I was, I had rushed to be near her again, making her flinch away from me. Fear, flashing through her eyes, once again. I swear I felt my heart wrench.

I abruptly opened my eyes at the memory. Out of all the near death experiences I've had, all the brutal trainings leaving me bloody and wounded. Nothing compared to her finding the brutal truth about me. Her seeing the cold-hearted monster I really am.

I reached around to grab the body wash to wash myself. After I was done, I turned the water off and stepped out to wrap a  towel around my waist. Still dripping, I walked across to my sink. The mirror behind the sink was fogged up from the hot shower so I used one of my hands to wipe it.