25. POV: The Ship That Hasn't Sailed (Part 1)

From: Naomi 🖤You have to come back NOW! Dustin is going to make me rip the braids out of my head

From: Naomi 🖤
You have to come back NOW! Dustin is going to make me rip the braids out of my head.
Received, 3:40pm

From: Naomi 🖤
I can't believe out of all people, you'd have DUSTIN babysit me. I'm 18!!!! You're in BIG trouble Sebastian!
Received, 3:45pm

From Naomi 🖤
Come back soon, I miss you already. :(
Received, 3:46pm

The hint of a smile curled on my face as I read the inflowing text messages from Naomi. Romeo and I just got off the private jet that landed in New York City. Of course, this impromptu trip wasn't a personal one. We were strictly to handle some business deals. Romeo and I were overseeing our weaponry that was to be shipped overseas. Usually this type of deal would go unwatched but there's been whispers that some of our men would be ambushed tonight.

I was here to make sure that anyone who thought that would happen would be surely wrong.

Of course this could possibly be dangerous trip, usually I didn't care if I lived or died. I didn't have anything back home that I cared too much about. That was until I met Naomi.

Even thinking her name makes my usual cold heart, warm. I quickly responded to her texts while walking on the tarmac that led to the black Escalades waiting for us.

He's there to make sure you are safe, Cariña.
Sent, 6:50pm

But if he gets too annoying, just smack him in the head, that usually shuts him up.
Sent, 6:51pm

2 more days until I have you in my arms again.
Sent, 6:51pm

I placed my phone back into my pocket and headed to the empty Escalade, which indicated that it was mine. Many people scoff at me when they find out that I am the one who drives myself places instead of a personal driver. Of course I had one. I use Javier when it's absolutely necessary. Driving is just one of the few things that keeps me calm. I like to be in control.

As soon as Romeo closed the door the the passenger seat, I turned on the ignition, hearing the loud engine roar as we sped into the beginning of our night. Romeo was on the phone with of my associates to make sure tonights plan went smoothly. Tonight we were to meet our business partners at Port Newark.

Port Newark was the biggest and busiest port for international cargo. Located on the dock was our freight ship that held millions of dollars worth of guns, artillery, land mines, and more. You would be surprised how many multi-million dollar illegal deals happened right under the nose of the U.S government. Not that it mattered anyway, almost the entire police force in New York worked for us.

The business aspect of it would be happening on a nearby yacht. Romeo and I would be there as we deliver the money and watch as the ship sets sail. The night should go quite smoothly. Anyone who'd think to cross me would surely die.