17. POV: You've Got Business to Handle

I watched as her breathing slowly became even as she fell into deeper sleep

I watched as her breathing slowly became even as she fell into deeper sleep. She looked so serene as the moonlight shined on her face. Que preciosa. I too k one last look before I sighed and turned to leave. As I started to walk, I felt something move below my feet. Once I looked down, I saw the silhouette of a cat, licking my shoes.

I smirked in amusement before stepping around to turn off her lights and quickly exit her home.

As I drove, I massaged my temples as I thought about all the shit I had to fix tonight.

The business deal had gone to complete fucking shit all because of that bastard, Alejandro Serrano. He refused to sign the deal, asking for double the asking price. I had of course, refused. As we argued, his guards decided to take a break in order "think it over". My men and I reluctantly agreed, not wanting escalate the situation just yet.

As we walked down the stairs, I took this opportunity to search the crowd as I looked for Naomi. I knew she would be there, but couldn't see her in the crowd of people. I wanted to find her before any one of those fuckers did.

As I made my way through the crowd, Dustin thought he'd seen her near the bathrooms in the VIP section so I had made my way there. I shouldn't have listened to his drunkass because she was no where there. I sighed and took a seat, trying to tune out the blaring music. Multiple waitresses had offered me drinks to which I declined. I didn't drink during working nights.

In my seat, I scanned the crowd, watching the different interactions people were having, hoping to find her in the crowd.

As I continued to scan the room, my eyes finally landed on her, and everything else in the world ceased to exist.

She looked absolutely beautiful in her dress that hugged her curves. She had her eyes closed, as she slowly danced to the beat of the song playing. Her eyes opened and seemed to automatically hold my own gaze. She watched me as I watched her.

Slowly she began to move her hips sensually and I had to grip the arm chair to stop myself from taking her right there. It felt like it was just the two of us in that club. I desperately wanted to join her. To wrap my arms around her waist. To have her be mine.

Never let anyone see the inside of your heart.

I clenched my jaw as I remained in my seat to just watch her from a far. I knew I could never let myself have her, so I'll just always have to watch her from afar.

Well, that was until that bastard, Serrano, came from behind and grabbed her. I don't really remember what happened. All I remember is seeing murder on my mind. If Romeo hadn't reminded me that she was still behind, watching me, I would've just slit his thr-