23. Déjá Vu

I walked into my Business class with not the brightest of moods

I walked into my Business class with not the brightest of moods. I had only been to 2 of my morning classes but couldn't ignore all the stares and whispers that were directed at me. It was only recently where I thought that people had gotten over the fact that I was one of the new girls, and stopped their gawking eyes.

I was obviously very wrong. No matter where I was, whether in class or walking down a hallway, I could either hear my name in a whispered conversation or feel multiple pairs of eyes blazing a hole in my skull.

I wish I could pretend that it didn't bother me, but I couldn't help but feel self-conscious. I tried my best to keep my eyes on my feet and ignore the eyes already watching, as I made my way into my seat.

Mr. Hawkins barely let the tardy bell finish ringing, before he started lecture. Normally I would be kind of annoyed, but today I was almost grateful. At least it forced majority of the class to face forward and pretend to pay attention. Although there were still a few stragglers that did n't even bother and continued to face my direction. I mentally rolled my eyes as I gathered my notebook.

As I was hurriedly taking notes, I didn't even know how much time had passed until the front door swung wide open. In walked through Sebastian, somehow looking even better than when I last saw him this morning.

Every other girl seemed to notice this as well as a lot of them quickly straighten their postures and fixed their hair as he confidently made his way to his seat, ignoring them and Mr. Hawkins' obvious disapproval to his late arrival.

I tried to stay focused as Mr.Hawkins continued on as Sebastian took his seat. My body was suddenly on high alert due to his presence. It was hard to focus on anything when he was around me, but especially hard when I felt his strong gaze on my profile. It was almost impossible, when his leg would occasionally brush mine, sending a flare of heat throughout my entire body.

Just when I was actually getting control of my heart rate, Mr. Hawkins decides he wants to watch an episode of Shark Tank for "educational purposes". In other words, he's behind on grading and needs more time to catch up.

I could feel Sebastian's smirk as Mr. Hawkins turned off the lights and pressed play on the projector screen. All pretenses of me focusing on whatever episode we were watching was lost when I felt his warm breath on the shell of my ear, causing goosebumps to prickle all over my body as he whispered,

"Is there a reason you're ignoring me, querida?" He spoke lowly as his words were caressed by his accent.

I made the mistake of finally turning towards him, not realizing how close we were. Even in the dim light, I could see how his long dark lashes fanned his high cheekbones and how his full lips glistened with moisture after slowly licking his bottom lip. God, he was beautiful.

"I-I'm not ignoring you. It's just kinda...hard to concentrate...when you're near me" I gulped quickly before feeling the heat rising up to my cheeks at the admission.