8. Rumor Has It

I found my locker and opened it to place the books and assignments I received from my previous classes inside

I found my locker and opened it to place the books and assignments I received from my previous classes inside. While there, Estelle texted me to meet her at one of the tables outside. I texted her that I'd be there in a sec, closed my locker, and began to walk to the lunch yard.

There were students everywhere. Students occupying each table. It was a scene out of movie. Each table was filled with students in their cliche clicks. The jocks and the cheerleaders occupied the tables under the shade. They were the rowdiest and obnoxiously loud. My eyes scanned through the other tables to find Estelle. I had seen the hipsters, the skaters, and the theatre kids before finding Estelle sitting at a table on her phone.

She looked up and smiled as I sat myself down.

"So...hows your senior year been so far?" She prompted.

I set my face down on the table and groaned, hearing her chuckle in response. I slowly looked back up to give her a glare, before I saw Nushi across the yard and waved for her to come over. She smiled once she saw me and started to make her way. I noticed she had changed into what looked like a volleyball uniform.

When she got to us, I greeted her and introduced her to Estelle,

"Estelle this is Nushi, I met her in English class. " I said brightly.

Estelle greeted 'hello' before her eyes brightened at the sight of Nushi's volleyball uniform. Estelle was on the volleyball team at our old school and was hoping to find out how to join the team here. "Wait are you on the volleyball team?" she eagerly asked as she sat down.

They went into a deep conversation about all things volleyball. I tried my best to keep up with the conversation but I did not speak sports and was honestly too hungry to even try to grasp what they were saying. My stomach growled and I quietly excused myself to get some food.

"Do you want us to come with you?" Estelle asked.

"No, no, no, sit! I'll be back in like 2 minutes." I assured them, standing up and making my way to the cafeteria.

Luckily, the line wasn't that long and it seemed to be moving really fast.

As I was waiting, I heard the voices of a bunch of males getting in line behind me. I glanced behind me and recognized it was some of the jocks from the table under the shade. I tried my best to ignore how loud they were being.

"Hey new girl, what's your name?" A voice from behind me asked.

I slowly turned around to see the jocks all had their eyes on me. The one who I assumed spoke was in the front. He was a tall, muscular brunette with blue eyes and tan skin. The smirk on his face screamed that he was a player.

"Um, I'm Naomi" I quickly said, silently praying that would be his last question.

"So where did you two hotties come from?" He smirked as the goons behind him chuckled. I almost rolled my eyes.