12. Waiting Out the Rain

I looked to my left and was shocked to see Sebastian reaching over to push the passenger door open of his all black C8 Corvette

I couldn't feel my fingers from the cold and I was getting drenched so without hesitation, I quickly jumped into the passenger seat.

Once I closed the door, he blasted the heater. I basically shoved my fingers into the vents blowing the warm air. Once I started to finally feel my fingers again, I sighed in relief, closed my eyes, and leaned my head back. After about 30 seconds, my eyes shot wide open, becoming hyper aware of whose car I was in and the person sitting a few inches from me.

I embarrassingly turned to see him watching me in amusement. "Um thanks... for the ride. I owe you like a million favors already, you might need to send me an invoice or something" I said sheepishly.

He smirked as he slightly shook his head and started to drive. As he was driving, I took notice of the interior of the car. This was one of the most futuristic cars I've seen. I wasn't really a car person but the inside looked so sleek and new.

The heater intensified the smell of his cologne. I was actually in heaven. I peered to look at him and was feeling a bit overwhelmed at the sight. He drove with his left arm as the other rested on the center console. The veins in his arm protruded through his multiple tattoos as he maneuvered the steering wheel. His face was smooth as he concentrated on the road in front of him. I had to fight the urge to reach up and graze my thumb against his sharp jaw.

He must've felt my gaze on him because as he stopped at the stoplight, he turned to watch me with those intense brown eyes. After what felt like hours, he finally spoke,

"Do you want to get something to eat?"

I blinked several times as my heart went into overdrive. Unable to string words into sentences, I just nodded and turned to face my window, to break the spell I was under as I looked into his eyes.

I rested my head on the window as we drove, listening to the sound of rain hitting the windshield. After a while, I felt the car pull to a stop and looked up to see 'Mel's Diner' in big neon lights.

Before I could take off my seatbelt and open my door, he got out and beat me to it. Heat rose to my cheeks as I muttered thanks. As we walked through the doors of the diner, I was surprised to see the liveliness of it. It was a modern take on the classic 90s diner. There was actually quite a bit of people here despite the rainy weather.

An older man took us to a booth and handed us menus. As I held up the large menu and scanned the hundreds of choices, I peered over the menu to ask him,

"So... do you come to eat here often?" I wondered.

He slightly shook his head, "I just thought you'd like this place" he replied while eyeing me warily.

I hummed while using the menu to distract me from his gaze. Calm down Nai, you might actually give yourself a heart attack today.

To break the silence I recalled,